Game Thread: Sox v. Tigers 3:10pm Sept. 3, 2011

Downtown518

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a good thing to have the division champ put a stamp on this game and serve notice to all us deluded fans hanging onto the hope that the pre-season promise might suddenly gel with 25 days to go....

I'm glad to get my September mental health back with a solid dose of reality, and able to COMPLETELY move away from this abusive relationship

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
They were shutting him down if they fell out of contention.

That was my way of saying it's that time.

That would be a dumb thing to do.

If you're out of contention, then pitch the daylights out of him and Humber, try to build up their arms as much as you can.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
Now its AJ's fault? Wow. Pitchers aren't held accountable on Soxtalk unless your name is Jake Peavy.

ya lets call for some more get me overs to the best F------ hitter on there team oh ya and a get me over on 1-2 count ,we give him the credit when are pitching staff is doing well so it works both way people need to get off this guys nuts!!!!!!! oh ya he cant throw out basesrunners cause of the pitchers too ,you believe that ?FLOWERS PLEASE!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
That would be a dumb thing to do.

If you're out of contention, then pitch the daylights out of him and Humber, try to build up their arms as much as you can.

Did you not hear Peavy the other day? He can't wait for the offseason, and his arm is dead.

Get him out of here.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
Now its AJ's fault? Wow. Pitchers aren't held accountable on Soxtalk unless your name is Jake Peavy. I suppose that's fair. Its not their fault if they are good. Its all Don Cooper. So if they suck, its because of AJ and if they are good its because Don Cooper is the pitching coach.

It could be Kenny's as well. The teams under Kenny's regimes seem to have a mental breakdown. I don't know if you can reveal that in sabermetrics or whatever they use.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
By the way, how did Brent look today? I see that he homered and reached on an error, any chance it looked like he was being more aggressive and trying to pull the ball?

He hit his homer hard. Penny missed his spot by about 2 feet, but you still have to hit it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
If that doesn't get people fired, nothing will. Fitting end to the season. I'll say it right now...Flowers calls a better game than AJ.

Flowers does call a better game than AJ. I've always questioned some of the sequences/pitches AJ calls. God I'm ready for the youth movement and purge the rest of this crap.