ESPN Sunday Night Game

elrockinMT

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
So then is this the low point since the blackout game?

In late August of 2007, the Sox were in contention for the worst record in baseball. That had to be the low point. Even if the Sox swept this series, it still would have been against the odds they made the playoffs. This just put all the nails in the coffin, and killed any chance for for any ticket sales at USCF this year.

Adam Done was going to pitch? He hits like a pitcher.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Wow. You honestly think there's a sliver of hope and we'll make the playoffs? Are you posting from a mental ward?

Nope. It would be nice if they make it interesting. I just don't really want them to lose more games. Do you think a sane person would be watching this game? So..yes.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
I haven't done so in awhile, but I'm listening to the post-game show tonight. I have to hear Rongey talk about this.

I dare you to call in and say you think one player makes a difference? :P

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:26 AM)
I doubt it. Even in softball the mercy rule would have been in order. 26 unanswered runs in a row for Detroit. Fire Don Cooper.

35 runs in three games with our 3 best pitchers on the mound. But remember, teams fear facing us in the postseason!!

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
The Sox have more to lose by keeping Guillen than the Marlins have to gain by hiring him.

who says? They're trying to sell tickets down there hoss...which ain't easy. Don't underestimate the hispanic market...ya know...MIAMI!!! You want a big name running your team...opening a new stadium instead of Joe Blow.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
35 runs in three games with our 3 best pitchers on the mound. But remember, teams fear facing us in the postseason!!

You wonder why Coop doesn't have a new contract yet. This wouldn't be as bad if these were low scoring games with a run difference, but the Tigers may have put more points on the board in these 3 games than the Lions might in their first 3.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
I love it. Just give up. I mean the team. I don't want to see any meaningless 12-4 finish to the season. Keep losing and losing and losing. A top 10 pick or slightly better is there for the taking.

I'm not sure that's a win, win situation either. I heard on the radio where a person said the Sox basically draft for making trades anyway. There's always potential for getting another Brain Anderson, Josh Fields, Brent Morel. IF they happen to be successful, well...Walker will fix them.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
I'm not sure that's a win, win situation either. I heard on the radio where a person said the Sox basically draft for making trades anyway. There's always potential for getting another Brain Anderson, Josh Fields, Brent Morel. IF they happen to be successful, well...Walker will fix them.

Beckham and Sale disprove that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
I love it. Just give up. I mean the team. I don't want to see any meaningless 12-4 finish to the season. Keep losing and losing and losing. A top 10 pick or slightly better is there for the taking.

The sox are bad, but they ain't catchin Houston, Baltimore, KC, Seattle, Minnesota. Doubt that'll catch the Cubs, Padres, Florida, Pirates and Nats either.