ESPN Sunday Night Game

elrockinMT

Here's a pre-game quote from Ozzie. As for players not ready to play tomorrow, maybe you should have had them ready to play tonight.

Having Sunday's game moved to an 8 p.m. (Eastern time) start was not exactly what the Sox wanted in the first place, given Monday's day-night doubleheader in Minnesota, but Guillen insisted on a no-whining zone about the team's plight.

"I don't want to hear any complaints either when we go to play two games in Minnesota," he said. "Get another job. If you think this is tough, try to do somebody else's job.

"We get paid very well, we have a great life, then the least we can do is play a day-night doubleheader. Anybody on my club is not ready to play two games, make sure you let me know. I have people here who are ready to play."

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
I'm not sure that's a win, win situation either. I heard on the radio where a person said the Sox basically draft for making trades anyway. There's always potential for getting another Brain Anderson, Josh Fields, Brent Morel. IF they happen to be successful, well...Walker will fix them.

The farm needs to be restocked. Worry about trades and such later. And if Ozzie and/or KW is gone you might see a different philosophy, anyway.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
I'm not sure that's a win, win situation either. I heard on the radio where a person said the Sox basically draft for making trades anyway. There's always potential for getting another Brain Anderson, Josh Fields, Brent Morel. IF they happen to be successful, well...Walker will fix them.

He was not a first round pick. And he was not this bad last season during his brief call-up. Hell he showed more power during that time.. when his stance was different.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Here's a pre-game quote from Ozzie. As for players not ready to play tomorrow, maybe you should have had them ready to play tonight.

Having Sunday's game moved to an 8 p.m. (Eastern time) start was not exactly what the Sox wanted in the first place, given Monday's day-night doubleheader in Minnesota, but Guillen insisted on a no-whining zone about the team's plight.

"I don't want to hear any complaints either when we go to play two games in Minnesota," he said. "Get another job. If you think this is tough, try to do somebody else's job.

"We get paid very well, we have a great life, then the least we can do is play a day-night doubleheader. Anybody on my club is not ready to play two games, make sure you let me know. I have people here who are ready to play."

Wow, I actually agree with Ozzie totally there.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
The farm needs to be restocked. Worry about trades and such later. And if Ozzie and/or KW is gone you might see a different philosophy, anyway.

I'm still trying to figure out the current philosophy.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
The sox are bad, but they ain't catchin Houston, Baltimore, KC, Seattle, Minnesota. Doubt that'll catch the Cubs, Padres, Florida, Pirates and Nats either.

Getting the 13th pick is probably the best realistic possibility. I'd be happy if they fell into the first 15 in the rare event the organization decides to sign another Type A.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
The point is you don't say that at all. When you have a manager that does, that is a huge issue. If the players feel that their manager doesn't believe in them, then the current game speaks for itself.

Cause the players get all their motivation from the media of course.Do you really think he said that to them in the clubhouse? Do you think the bullpen had that in their mind on Saturday? Did MB56 hear that and is that what caused him to get blasted?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
The sox are bad, but they ain't catchin Houston, Baltimore, KC, Seattle, Minnesota. Doubt that'll catch the Cubs, Padres, Florida, Pirates and Nats either.

s***, you're right. Some of these teams are worse than I thought. I'd say seven of those teams are lock to finish with a worse record. The Nationals, Pirates each have 64 wins to our 67. It doesn't matter. You know will win 13 of our last 17 and Hawk, Merkin, Ranger, elrockin, etc, will use that as a reason to bring this bunch back for '12.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)

Not with Reinsdorf's stinginess when it comes to the draft.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Heard that Cowley's going off on Sox fans on twitter. Anything interesting?

Not really. More like offering fixes for next year's team. He wants to trade Quentin and Floyd, extend Danks and resign MB. Wants to send Gavin to NY for Brett Gardner.

Also wants Dunn in Winter Ball.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 04:46 AM)
Not really. More like offering fixes for next year's team. He wants to trade Quentin and Floyd and resign Danks and MB. Wants to send Gavin to NY for Brett Gardner.

Sounds good, but where would Gardner play? De Aza and Lillibridge should be LF platoon.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
Getting the 13th pick is probably the best realistic possibility. I'd be happy if they fell into the first 15 in the rare event the organization decides to sign another Type A.

Get a top 13-15 pick, and I'll be more than content.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
Not really. More like offering fixes for next year's team. He wants to trade Quentin and Floyd, extend Danks and resign MB. Wants to send Gavin to NY for Brett Gardner.

Danks=over rated. That will be the next bad contract.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)

Also wants Dunn in Winter Ball.

Wow I actually agree with him, especially with re-upping Danks. Though I'm sure Jason would be pissed since Floyd is his boy. :lol:

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 04:48 AM)
Get a top 13-15 pick, and I'll be more than content.

Considering the only round where we actually try to draft the best possible player and not worry about signing bonus the last few years is the first round pick, draft slot matters more for the Sox than most.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
He is actually giving his thoughts as to how to fix the 2012 Sox, and they actually make some sense.

I usually expect 100% nonsense from Cowley but some of his ideas actually make some modicum of sense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
Considering the only round where we actually try to draft the best possible player and not worry about signing bonus the last few years is the first round pick, draft slot matters more for the Sox than most.

The last time time the sox had a top 13-15 pick under his new "draft philosophy" regime was Chris Sale (#13 overall) so I'm hoping that trend of the BPA continues as well.