ESPN Sunday Night Game

elrockinMT

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
I disagree. The Sox don't have to do s*** with Ozzie...he's under contract. If the Marlins are banking on Ozzie (which I'm hedging they are) to open their new era and spiffy new ballpark why wouldn't they give compensation. Not that I really give a s***...but don't act like the Sox have zero leverage.

Guillen isn't going to manage the Sox in 2012. Marlins can just say we'll wait for 2013 to hire him.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Largest MLB shutout win of the year coming.....................I hope Minn sweeps the DH on Monday!

I don't. The Tigers may have a 5 game losing streak left. (yeah pipe dream, I know) They play Cleveland next. If they sweep Cleveland then you have to tip your hat.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
I'm pretty sure we've heard the last of the constant Tiger updates from Hawk for the season.

No way. This is the same person who argues with PitchTrax. Hawk will keep it up until the Sox are mathematically eliminated.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Another sign of how dysfunctional the team has been for a while now.

Although to be fair, didn't we have a laugher recently when some were fooled into thinking we were contenders? Didn't the Sox pound the Twins or somebody 8-1 or 10-0 or something?

I want a 14-2 game dammit! :lolhitting

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
I don't. The Tigers may have a 5 game losing streak left. (yeah pipe dream, I know) They play Cleveland next. If they sweep Cleveland then you have to tip your hat.

Wow. You honestly think there's a sliver of hope and we'll make the playoffs? Are you posting from a mental ward?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Guillen isn't going to manage the Sox in 2012. Marlins can just say we'll wait for 2013 to hire him.

But then they have to go with another one year guy and they are opening their new park. I would think if their interest has been genuine, they would like to have Ozzie in place on opening day next season.

Lets just hope guys like Flowers, De Aza, Viciedo, etc.. keep playing consistently (especially when Q is back, though I think he should just be shut down, not to hamper the trade value getting hurt more seriously).

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Wow. You honestly think there's a sliver of hope and we'll make the playoffs? Are you posting from a mental ward?

The only sliver of hope we have left is if the Tigers team charter f***ing explodes.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Lets just hope guys like Flowers, De Aza, Viciedo, etc.. keep playing consistently (especially when Q is back, though I think he should just be shut down, not to hamper the trade value getting hurt more seriously).

Q can sit with Dunn it is over anyway that way he can not get hurt again this year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
But then they have to go with another one year guy and they are opening their new park. I would think if their interest has been genuine, they would like to have Ozzie in place on opening day next season.

thank you...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)

The Sox have more to lose by keeping Guillen than the Marlins have to gain by hiring him.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
If Guillen is not fired at the end of this road trip I think it only means Williams is gone too. I know he gets a LOT of flack, but chairman Reinsdorf is not a dumb guy. He knows massive changes need to be made.

You kidding me? JR is dumb as a box of rocks