ESPN Sunday Night Game

elrockinMT

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Yep, he looks absolutely lost at the plate. He looked far more comfortable last year when he got called up.

The more Walker is around the young guys the worse they become ..............Walker stay away from DV.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:20 AM)
Nice effort by our three "leaders" tonight in Buehrle, Konerko and AJ. Konerko might as well swing out of his ass and try to get to 400 homers by the end of the year.

I love and worship Mark, but doesn't he have 4-5 nights like this per season where he gets rocked pretty good? Those nights are rare, but no fun when they occur.

Edited by greg775

OG before the game tonight wants ALL coaches back.

With the recent flap over a shouting match between hitting coach Greg Walker and GM Ken Williams, Guillen was asked if he were offered an extension by Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf only if he would give up some of his coaches, what would he do?

"I'd say, 'Wow, we got to talk about it,' because I feel comfortable with our coaching staff," Guillen said. "Coaches don't win games. They help players, but they don't win games. ... I got the greatest coaches for me. I've got very good coaches."

CAN I F'N PUKE!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:26 AM)

With the recent flap over a shouting match between hitting coach Greg Walker and GM Ken Williams, Guillen was asked if he were offered an extension by Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf only if he would give up some of his coaches, what would he do?

"I'd say, 'Wow, we got to talk about it,' because I feel comfortable with our coaching staff," Guillen said. "Coaches don't win games. They help players, but they don't win games. ... I got the greatest coaches for me. I've got very good coaches."

CAN I FN PUKE!

Just root for more series like this one.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:26 AM)

CAN I F'N PUKE!

Did you play in the major leagues?

How do you know coaches win games?

U think for a minute Ozzie might be right about that?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)

CAN I F'N PUKE!

He can take Cooper with him if that's what it takes to rid this team of Walker and Guillen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:28 AM)

How anyone that watched our games this year thinks this is a well-managed, well-coached team is just crazy to me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)

Do not know WTF you are watching but there is a major problem with the coaching staff.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:31 AM)
Do not know WTF you are watching but there is a major problem with the coaching staff.

I'm just saying it's possible Ozzie is right about the impact of coaches. Everybody always assumes he's wrong about everything. How do u know if he is right or not? Most veterans I would suspect do not listen to coaches.

Just based on the principal when your coach is .500 with a huge payroll in a crappy division and whining about an extension you have to make a change as CEO. I can't believe JR likes the fact that his "face of the franchise" is whining about his generous contract when the team is sucking and management has got to be losing a ton of $$$s.

ESPN won't be picking up any of our games on Sunday night baseball next year after this debacle.