ESPN Sunday Night Game

elrockinMT

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:41 AM)
Though he was never going to be a huge power hitter, it just baffles me how a guy who had 3 homers last season in 70 PA, could all of sudden have 3 homers in 349 PA and look like Casey Kotchman (as far as power).

At least Kotchman could hit doubles.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Wow, what a debacle. Shane Lindsay is absolutely awful. I'm sorry though, having Cabrera bat there in a 14-0 game is worthy of someone getting thrown at.

I sincerely doubt there's one person on this staff (besides maybe Danks) that would have the nuts to throw at somebody. It's disgusting. They just don't care....

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
This is like watching the KC Royals playing from 05-09.

Ya DBAH0 is not gonna like his new favorite player getting hammered like this.

The Sox are probably due an ass beatin from them before this season is over.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:43 AM)
If Guillen is not fired at the end of this road trip I think it only means Williams is gone too. I know he gets a LOT of flack, but chairman Reinsdorf is not a dumb guy. He knows massive changes need to be made.

Won't be fired during year, as that would make it near impossible for the Sox to get any possible compensation back from Florida.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
If Guillen is not fired at the end of this road trip I think it only means Williams is gone too. I know he gets a LOT of flack, but chairman Reinsdorf is not a dumb guy. He knows massive changes need to be made.

wtf good does it do to fire somebody now?...please.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
I think it's safe to say that the other 29 managers in MLB wouldn't say "I hope we don't get swept" just before an important series.

You are right, but would that have changed anything? It's not like that was his pep talk to the team in the locker room.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
I think it's safe to say that the other 29 managers in MLB wouldn't say "I hope we don't get swept" just before an important series.

He says what he wants to say.

What he says had no effect on this series.

Detroit is having a decent to good season. The Sox were not going to turn it on and have one stellar month. This was scripted to be the series where the Sox were buried.

The 5-game win streak was our longest of the year. Big deal.

Ozzie is honest.

He's watched this crap team all year. What did you want him to say?

I know, you wanted him to be Ned Yost and say we have to take it one game at a time.

I'm sure our next manager will return to the cliches. There's really only a couple managers like this: Ozzie, Lou and Lasorda and 2 of the 3 are retired. Our next skipper will be good n dull.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)

Detroit is having a decent to good season. The Sox were not going to turn it on and have one stellar month. This was scripted to be the series where the Sox were buried.

Ozzie is honest.

I know, you wanted him to be Ned Yost and say we have to take it one game at a time.

I'm sure our next manager will return to the cliches. There's really only a couple managers like this: Ozzie, Lou and Lasorda and 2 of the 3 are retired. Our next skipper will be good n dull.

You do know that Ozzie is basically the most bland in-game manager there is? He's all talk, no action.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)

Firing him now does nothing. The season is over, wait til October. Maybe Florida is crazy enough to trade LoMo.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
They came in having to sweep and instead soiled their panties. All of these losses were terrible, too. They finally did what we all expected, and fall apart in September.

KEEP THE RUNS COMING, DETROIT!

This stuff happened under Manuel too. The organization maybe doesn't take into account how players handle pressure or have been in pressure situations. Big money free agents from losing organizations, well what do they have to play for other than a larger contract.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)

Ozzie is honest.

How bout you just don't say anything?!? You can defend all you want...but managers just don't say that. I'm sure when Ozzie's wife asks him, "does my ass look fat in these jeans?..." Ozzie immediately says, "jess...you an effin bee fah cow..."

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
Won't be fired during year, as that would make it near impossible for the Sox to get any possible compensation back from Florida.

What compensation are they going to get from Florida at this point? Not Morrison they said no to that last year. Also, if the plan is to get rid of KW you can't do that and keep Guillen. Sox have no leverage in this with Fla.