ESPN Sunday Night Game

elrockinMT

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:05 AM)
Oz detractors use everything and anything to back their point.

Some people said recently he throws his players under the bus.

Yeah, right. He hasn't said a bad thing about Dunn all year. He hasn't even ripped Rios publicly.

He didn't say a peep about Matt Thornton's lousiness in April and he never threw Juan under the bus for botching a couple fly balls in April.

Those people said he throws young players under the bus basically before they ever put on a Sox jersey. Some will say he's being an ass, others will say he's trying to protect them.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
You're wrong. I never respected your opinion on this board anyway.

Guys there is nothing about this piss pour excuse for a MLB team to get that excited about.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
Oz detractors use everything and anything to back their point.

Some people said recently he throws his players under the bus.

Yeah, right. He hasn't said a bad thing about Dunn all year. He hasn't even ripped Rios publicly.

He didn't say a peep about Matt Thornton's lousiness in April and he never threw Juan under the bus for botching a couple fly balls in April.

I don't think he throws his players under the bus. He's great at deflecting blame from the team's failures (sans Dunn, he can't do anything about that), but he seems to do a piss poor job of 1) preparing his players and 2) in game managing. His playing of favorites doesn't help either.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
From the way it looks they are more than welcome to start playing the game thats on now.

Two blowout losses in one day should make for some wild theatrics.

Will Jerry fire Oz after Game Two?

I wonder if he starts Omar in both games. He usually brings back Omar when the team is at its lowest points.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
I'm sure they wouldn't but that comment deserves 0% blame for the sweep. I'm sure in the locker room he said something completely different.

I know Ozzie has done a s*** job this season, deserves to be gone but I'm amazed by how upset people get about joke BS comments to the media. What do you want him to say? Maybe he's trying to keep it loose. You don't know what he said in the closed clubhouse.

The point is you don't say that at all. When you have a manager that does, that is a huge issue. If the players feel that their manager doesn't believe in them, then the current game speaks for itself.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
The point is you don't say that at all. When you have a manager that does, that is a huge issue.

I'm not an Ozzie apologist to say the least, but I saw nothing wrong with what he said. I hoped they wouldn't get swept. We really don't know the context.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
I'm not an Ozzie apologist to say the least, but I saw nothing wrong with what he said. I hoped they wouldn't get swept. We really don't know the context.

It would be more of an issue if it were a home series.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:13 AM)
Pictured: The White Sox front office...Razor Shines not allowed.

I thought that was the only troubling scene in one of the greatest movies of all time, Animal House.

I didn't like the guys showing all that skin, etc. Creeped me out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
I'm pretty sure we've heard the last of the constant Tiger updates from Hawk for the season.

He still will give the Indian updates :lolhitting ...................The most lopsided game on Sunday night baseball EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:14 AM)
The Sox have not really had a laugher all year even s*** teams win 14-2 sometimes but not this team.

Another sign of how dysfunctional the team has been for a while now.

Although to be fair, didn't we have a laugher recently when some were fooled into thinking we were contenders? Didn't the Sox pound the Twins or somebody 8-1 or 10-0 or something?