And that, my friends, is a White Sox season

Jordan4life_2007

That was the proverbial cherry on the sundae. A failure of epic proportions that rivals or exceeds any single-season failure in White Sox history. To the greg hibbards, heads, the greg/elrockin hybrid, etc, please stop. It's done now. I'm all for a 20+ game losing streak to at least salvage a decent draft pick.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
I'd LOVE to straight up rebuild for a year or two.

And once we get to year 7 of it, we can hire our 3rd GM since Kenny and hear someone tell us how we finally have the best GM in the league because we're pulling off a .500 record on such a low salary.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
Thanks for the gloating. It makes it much better to hear that you were right.

I'm not gloating. I've actually commended those guys. They could take any 2 or 3 game winning streak, no matter how s***ty the opponent was, and find hope. But enough is enough. Just give it up.

Jerry Reinsdorf has no f***ing idea what he's doing to an already dwindling fanbase by continuing to allow this piece of garbage staff of his to run the show, I'm talking front office and coaches

Keep it up Jerry, and you'll be forced to sell the team in a few years because if you think there aren't many fans going to games now, LOL at you

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
It's not over until it's over j4l... have hope!!!

You have to remember... there is an outside chance that the tigers plane could go down in flames before seasons end.

The problem then would be the Indians. Maybe their planes will collide with each other.

Its actually been over for quite some time, but as J4L pointed out, today's game was the cherry on the sundae. I'll just try to enjoy the final 3 1/2 weeks because no matter how bad or boring the Sox are, in a couple months, I will want to watch some baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
And once we get to year 7 of it, we can hire our 3rd GM since Kenny and hear someone tell us how we finally have the best GM in the league because we're pulling off a .500 record on such a low salary.

Considering a lot of people around here want to give up on guys after a bad month, I really don't think most who want a total re-build have any idea what they are actually wishing for.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
Considering a lot of people around here want to give up on guys after a bad month, I really don't think most who want a total re-build have any idea what they are actually wishing for.

i know exactly what i'm wishing for. i'm wishing we had traded our pieces at the trade deadline for prospects, let de aza, lilli, viciedo, flowers, beckham and whomever else we acquired play and see what we have. it's a lot better than this dunn/rios/pierre bulls*** that ran us into the ground this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
I will no longer watch games in which Mark Buehrle doesn't pitch. This could be Mark's last month. So I will cherish his starts. Besides that, I will only track Viciedo, De Aza and Flowers.

Aw come on now....you mean you don't want to watch three White Sox games in 27 hours starting tomorrow night?

I mean, who would pass up seeing Zach Stewart and Philip Humber pitch on the same day?

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
Aw come on now....you mean you don't want to watch three White Sox games in 27 hours starting tomorrow night?

I mean, who would pass up seeing Zach Stewart and Philip Humber pitch on the same day?

Two at best #5 starters on the same day? No thanks. This is where the Extra Innings package comes in so handy.