Are they done?

knightni

Who's gone after the season?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Ozzie
    • KW
    • Neither

Pinch hitting Dunn the other day was Ozzie's going away present to the organization. The moves and contracts that worked out bad were not even huge risks when they happened. I don't think it was enough to get KW fired. On paper, which is where the GM has to play, this team should have won the division. I'll take that from a GM every season.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
I wouldn't even watch a game on TV if that were to happen.

But don't worry, I'd still post regularly here.

Heh. Same here.

And I doubt that would happen. There'd be a serious backlash from season ticket holders.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Why not?

Can't just say that without backing it up.

I've heard a couple writers say Hahn won't want the Sox GM job if Kenny is still there above him.

The whole "promote Kenny" thing never made a lot of sense anyway. Once he's no longer the GM, he's just got to be gone.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
I've heard a couple writers say Hahn won't want the Sox GM job if Kenny is still there above him.

The whole "promote Kenny" thing never made a lot of sense anyway. Once he's no longer the GM, he's just got to be gone.

That's what I've always said. If you determine he's not the man for the job, why do you want him up in the new GM's business? And why would Hahn or anyone else really want to be the GM in title only.

People use this because that is what happened with Paxson, but its 2 separate issues. Paxton tired of dealing with the press and all the things that went with being a GM. He wasn't moved up for incompetence. He wanted a lighter workload and now has it. As far as I know, and I could be way off, KW still wants to get into arguments with coaches and fire them Steinbrenner-style. He wants to make the decisions.

Pay him his $1 million parting gift and let him hang out at Market.

I do think if only one survives, it will be KW.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Just can't get enough of D-Wise now, can you??

You know it! But real talk. Brett Lawrie (and I see he just hit a walkoff HR) is worth the price of admission. Score one for the man in my avatar. Ricky Romero is just a notch below godlike lefties Kershaw/Price. Score another one for the man in my avatar for locking him up at a bargain rate through 2015. I expect Bautista to make another run at 50 HRs. And there's rumblings going around of the Blue Jays preparing to make a serious run at either Pujols or Fielder. I still don't think Pujols is going anywhere. But if they net Fielder? Sheeeetttt. It's game over for the AL. Nationals? Strasburg, Stephen. Enough said there. And Harper won't be in the minors long. And, of course, I love me some Ryan Zimmerman.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
You know it! But real talk. Brett Lawrie (and I see he just hit a walkoff HR) is worth the price of admission. Score one for the man in my avatar. Ricky Romero is just a notch below godlike lefties Kershaw/Price. Score another one for the man in my avatar for locking him up at a bargain rate through 2015. I expect Bautista to make another run at 50 HRs. And there's rumblings going around of the Blue Jays preparing to make a serious run at either Pujols or Fielder. I still don't think Pujols is going anywhere. But if they net Fielder? Sheeeetttt. It's game over for the AL. Nationals? Strasburg, Stephen. Enough said there. And Harper won't be in the minors long. And, of course, I love me some Ryan Zimmerman.

:lolhitting