Game 2: The DeathMarch Continues

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
Well, you'd have to think this start would give him a solid boost for the rotation next year.

The real question is what happens with Chris Sale.

What is the question? He's going to be a starter barring something ridiculous. Thing is, if we're going into next year with a 5 man rotation including Peavy, you're going to need to basically have a 6th starter ready to go as well.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
What is the question? He's going to be a starter barring something ridiculous. Thing is, if we're going into next year with a 5 man rotation including Peavy, you're going to need to basically have a 6th starter ready to go as well.

If Danks is traded and Buehrle is kept, you can have Humber, Stewart and sale fight it out for that rotation spot and put the other in Charlotte. Or if you really believe in Axelrod, he'll be available in AAA as a starting option.

sin city/greg hibbard...

please, give up!!!

So we want Wil Ohman or Santiago as our "go to" lefty in the 8th and 9th next year if Thornton is traded?

Obviously having Thornton still in the bullpen makes it much more plausible to start Sale. Then again, if we do trade Quentin/Danks/Thornton and don't resign Buehrle, it doesn't really matter and Sale has to be in the starting rotation no matter who we have out in the bullpen.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
I know its a big hole....but maybe the momentum from today can help us get back in the race.

Detroit has to lose and lose a ton. Not happening, I"m afraid. You knew one of the three contending was going to break thru and it turned out to be them.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
I know its a big hole....but maybe the momentum from today can help us get back in the race.

So when we are mathmatically eliminated are you going to still have hope that maybe someone got the standings wrong. Or maybe that we can get a handicap for having Dunn and Rios in the lineup for most of the year.

:notworthy

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
So when we are mathmatically eliminated are you going to still have hope that maybe someone got the standings wrong. Or maybe that we can get a handicap for having Dunn and Rios in the lineup for most of the year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
Flowers coming back to earth.

But still, a .788 OPS with this many AB's is more than almost anyone would have projected when AJ went down.

He looks like Pujols compared to our opening day DH.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
Tyler Flowers' batting average is free falling right now. He just needs to keep working on making contact.

Well planting his ass on the bench after AJ showed up is not the formula for getting this kid to make contact. Maybe we can promoted the AAA hitting coach before someone from the georgia region decides to empart his knowledge of the dark side to him.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
If we can go 20-3 in the remaining games, all we need Detroit to do is go worse than 11-10 for us to take the division.

Wow! That's all that needs to happen?!?! Is it too late to get playoff tickets???

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
Well planting his ass on the bench after AJ showed up is not the formula for getting this kid to make contact. Maybe we can promoted the AAA hitting coach before someone from the georgia region decides to empart his knowledge of the dark side to him.

Harrelson and Beckham are giving him batting advice, too?

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
If we can go 20-3 in the remaining games, all we need Detroit to do is go worse than 11-10 for us to take the division.

Well my plan involves an Alien conspiracy and pods. Now before you say no, hear me out. We take a pod and give it to Verlander as a pillow. Once he is taken over, the rest will fall.

Now plan B involes Zombies, I would personally rather go with plan A as Aliens can be killed with the common cold and zombies require a head shot.

Who is with me.