Game 2: The DeathMarch Continues

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
Well planting his ass on the bench after AJ showed up is not the formula for getting this kid to make contact. Maybe we can promoted the AAA hitting coach before someone from the georgia region decides to empart his knowledge of the dark side to him.

Hasn't Aj DH'd a couple times? Flowers actually needed some extra rest anyway. If he's a part timer next year he's going to need to be ready to hit when the opportunity comes, and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
Hasn't Aj DH'd a couple times? Flowers actually needed some extra rest anyway. If he's a part timer next year he's going to need to be ready to hit when the opportunity comes, and there's nothing wrong with that.

With Dunn's resurgence next season, the DH position will be filled fulltime so this is not an option.

If we can go 20-3 in the remaining games, all we need Detroit to do is go worse than 11-10 for us to take the division.

Are you 2 guys just trying to act like 'good fans' compared to us mean realists?

I mean it's great to support your team but you guys are acting like I did in college when I argued FOR the Sox no matter what, just to piss off fans of other teams I went to school with. I realized we sucked but just tried to support the Sox nonsensically to piss them off. We've been out of it all year basically, but Detroit made it official in those 3 games.

Isn't it wild how now we can beat Minnie yet Detroit now owns us??? Bizarre team.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
Well my plan involves an Alien conspiracy and pods. Now before you say no, hear me out. We take a pod and give it to Verlander as a pillow. Once he is taken over, the rest will fall.

Now plan B involes Zombies, I would personally rather go with plan A as Aliens can be killed with the common cold and zombies require a head shot.

Who is with me.

Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford and the Cowpokes are with you.

At least Stewart's succeeded in bringing his ERA all the way back down to 4.50 almost.

Interestingly enough, Diamond and Stewart ended the game with exactly the same ERA, at 4.56

Edited by caulfield12

Sox are the most bizarre team in baseball history.

These 2 guys today pitch masterpieces after yesterday's faceplant.

I guess we had dipped a couple to the sub .500, now we have to get back to 2 over again, then faceplant.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 02:36 AM)
Sox are the most bizarre team in baseball history.

These 2 guys today pitch masterpieces after yesterday's faceplant.

I guess we had dipped a couple to the sub .500, now we have to get back to 2 over again, then faceplant.

Is it really that hard to understand for some of you? Yesterday, we were facing a very, very good lineup with a ton of momentum going. Today, we faced one of the 5 worst teams in baseball with basically a AAA lineup going against Humber/Stewart.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
Is it really that hard to understand for some of you? Yesterday, we were facing a very, very good lineup with a ton of momentum going. Today, we faced one of the 5 worst teams in baseball with basically a AAA lineup going against Humber/Stewart.

Fathom ... you know with the Sox the opponent doesn't matter most of the time.

We could have easily dropped 2 more today w/out blinking.

I think we're destined to be two under .500. That's what it is.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
If we can go 20-3 in the remaining games, all we need Detroit to do is go worse than 11-10 for us to take the division.

I've seen this movie before. They win 17 straight, moving into 1st by a game. Then they lose 6 straight and break our hearts once again.

Wasn't that good of a movie, BUT THAT IS JUST IMHO, AND I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT IT IS MHO!