Who sucks more?

Quin

Who ruined a perfect game more?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who ruined a perfect game more?

• Sammy Sosa
    • Danny Valencia

I don't know how anyone could say it's not Sosa. Valencia actually got a hit. I'll never blame a guy for not just laying down and allowing a perfect game, even if the hit is a little dinker. Sosa got walked on what was a questionable call. And yes, Buehrle got his perfect game eventually, but he could also be the only pitcher in the history of the entire game to have two perfect games if it weren't for that questionable walk.

I think he's already the only guy to face the minimum three times, though.

As much as I wish Burls got that call, I'm too aware that there are other pitchers that were probably a call away from two perfecto's or something of that ilk.

Perhaps Mark had the benefit of call(s) in ways that were out of the ordinary in his games.

I'll just take what we got :D

Back in the mid 50's, Billy Pierce took a perfect game into the 9th inning at home vs the Washington Senators. He got the first two guys out routinely, then pinch hitter Ed Fitzgerald, a back up catcher, with two strikes, I believe, hit an unhittable pitch over the first baseman's head into short right field, barely fair. End of perfecto. Then Pierce struck out Albie Pearson on three pitches.

I'll admit that perhaps it was because I was in attendance that night, but I enjoyed the no-hitter more than the perfect game. It was so fitting that the BB got picked off (and it was Sosa, to boot). I'd probably have a different opinion if it didn't get picked off.

Besides, the Rays get no-hit/perfectoed like 4 times a year. Texas always hits baseballs.

So I'm going with Valencia, because that would be a thing if Stewart got a perfect game against the Twins this soon after being traded here and into his career.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft