GT: JFP's Last Stand? Sox @ Twins, 09/06, 7:10 PM

LittleHurt05

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
How is range factor determined?

I believe that one is outs produced divided by chances. That one is 5 years out of date anyway. For things like UZR they actually review plays like the ones you're talking about to see if a play could have been made.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
I believe that one is outs produced divided by chances. That one is 5 years out of date anyway. For things like UZR they actually review plays like the ones you're talking about to see if a play could have been made.

So they look at them with their eyes?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
So they look at them with their eyes?

And base whether or not the out should have been made based on positioning, speed, and distance.

In a few years there will be computer data on player positioning at the start of plays and batted ball velocity that will make this easy. (Field F/X).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
And base whether or not the out should have been made based on positioning, speed, and distance.

In a few years there will be computer data on player positioning at the start of plays and batted ball velocity that will make this easy. (Field F/X).

It will be interesting to see how that effects the results. I believe in some metrics, I also beleive in the eye test. Alexei could win the GG every year, but he makes too many plays like the 2 he made tonight. Its going to happen once in a while, but he is so afraid of baserunners its almost pathetic.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
It will be interesting to see how that effects the results. I believe in some metrics, I also beleive in the eye test. Alexei could win the GG every year, but he makes too many plays like the 2 he made tonight. Its going to happen once in a while, but he is so afraid of baserunners its almost pathetic.

If it wasn't for the careless plays he'd win the GG easy (or at least deserve Jeters GG). But that doesn't mean he's had a bad season.

Morel Walked!!!!!!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)

Afraid to go back on pop ups too. Four or five dropped in that should not have.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Afraid to go back on pop ups too. Four or five dropped in that should not have.

That's mostly because the LF can't field and doesn't call people off so he never knows if he's about to be run over. No fair blaming him for Pierre being bad.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
It looked like Rios until the ball was hit.

???

Waiting for the inevitable middle innings Jake Peavy blow-up.

It will be nice to have all of our starting pitchers under a 5.00 ERA after tonight's game.

Edited by caulfield12