Are the Phillies that good?

kitekrazy

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
One of the great starting staffs of the last quarter century. Last I checked, Rollins, Utley, Howard, Victorino and Pence weren't classified as boring players. Gotta be a little more specific than "least fun team in baseball."

Hunter Pence is very fun to watch.

And Kjshoe has a point about the Phillies. They hog all the wins...

I get so sick of my roommate b****ing over a loss when they're 40 games over and I have to deal with our dysfunctional piece of s*** team.

Edited by chw42

As someone who will be rooting for the Brewers this October, I find these stats a bit alarming:

Brewers success a Milwaukee Mirage?

One of the challenges for Tampa Bay, Toronto and Baltimore is playing in the AL East and having to play 36 games against the Yankees and Red Sox. Well, the inverse of the AL East Penalty is the NL Central Advantage. The Brewers are going to the postseason almost entirely because they can fatten up on 46 games against the Cubs, Pirates and Astros. With realignment talk floating around, Milwaukee shouldn't dare complain about the "inequity" of competing in a division with six teams.

Milwaukee is 31-9 against Chicago, Pittsburgh and Houston and barely above .500 (54-51) against all others. The Brewers have fewer wins against .500 or better teams (22) than 24 other clubs. The Padres, Nationals, Orioles and Cubs -- the Cubs! -- have more quality wins than Milwaukee, the Boise State of the major leagues.

The Brewers don't win on the road and they don't beat good teams, including the three other NL playoff teams. Against Philadelphia, Atlanta and Arizona, Milwaukee is 8-11 while hitting .235 and scoring 3.4 runs per game.

Do you know the last time Milwaukee won a series against a winning team other than the Cardinals? That would be before Memorial Day. The Brewers went the entire summer without winning a series against a good team other than St. Louis.

Do you remember their 23-3 run from late July to mid-August that salted away the division? The Brewers went 19-1 against losing teams, including 13-0 against the Cubs, Pirates and Astros

Get this: Milwaukee still has six more games with Pittsburgh and Chicago. None of them will be in October.