Sox @ Rochester Red Wings, 09/07, 7:10

LittleHurt05

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

granted, it's not the same Twins team, but after starting 0-7 against them, I never would've thought we'd have a chance to win the season series. And on that note, the team who wins the Central will once again be the team who has the best record against the rest of the division. Funny how that works like, every time.

Yea the Red Wings have been terrible since like 2006, usually players would do nothing of note here, get the call-up and become studs. Their pipeline definitely dried a bit this year as far as being able to get immediate impact from call-ups as we can see.

edit: and in response to maggliopipe from last game thread, they still have garbage plates @ Frontier Field, but they are not by Nick Tahou's anymore. They also have an awesome gourmet mac and cheese place, Red Osier, an awesome BBQ place, and an awesome gourmet hot dog stand where you can get a "Plate Dog" with the toppings of a plate right on the hot dog. Some fancy place with chicken french and fried calamari too. Always good eats at the park in Rochester.

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

Anyone else get a feeling it's gonna be the Tigers and Indians the Sox will have to battle with in the upcoming years in the central?

Seems like some lean years coming for Minnesota after a pretty incredible decade long run. Mauer and Morneau look like walking (sometimes) injuries waiting to happen every game. Seems like every year they could plug anyone in from their minor league system and they'd immediately have an impact, but that's not happening this year. Of course they've had to plug in A LOT of people with all the injuries.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
Anyone else get a feeling it's gonna be the Tigers and Indians the Sox will have to battle with in the upcoming years in the central?

Seems like some lean years coming for Minnesota after a pretty incredible decade long run. Mauer and Morneau look like walking (sometimes) injuries waiting to happen every game. Seems like every year they could plug anyone in from their minor league system and they'd immediately have an impact, but that's not happening this year. Of course they've had to plug in A LOT of people with all the injuries.

With the money Tigers are supposed to have available to spend on someone like Jose Reyes this offseason, there's no reason they're not the heavy AL Central favorites for the next few years.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)

This could very well be the case. Although I'm not close to ready to dismissing the Twins yet. Thing that really scares me about Detroit is they have quite a bit of money coming off the books after this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 05:39 PM)
This could very well be the case. Although I'm not close to ready to dismissing the Twins yet. Thing that really scares me about Detroit is they have quite a bit of money coming off the books after this year.

Yep, a lot of bad money (ie: Ordonez)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
With the money Tigers are supposed to have available to spend on someone like Jose Reyes this offseason, there's no reason they're not the heavy AL Central favorites for the next few years.

They had similar amounts of money last year and came away with Benoit.

This is the first year in a long time my default answer wouldn't have been Minnesota. Not only do they stand to lose a lot of important players in the off-season, they really don't have much convincing knocking at the door to take over. Their pitching is going to be scary bad next year, and who knows about Mauer and Morneau. I really am starting to wonder if Justin is done.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
Yep, a lot of bad money (ie: Ordonez)

Is it worth pointing out again that the Ordonez bad money actually came off their books last year, and that they wound up resigning him anyway?

Guillen's bad money is actually what comes off the books this year.

If there was ever a candidate in baseball to sign a huge contract and then get injured the next year it's Jose Reyes. No matter what team he signed with. He's gonna be like Adrian Beltre, but instead of sucking after having a career year and getting paid, he'll just be on the DL most of the time..

I think it's more of a battle between the Sox, Royals and Twins for 3rd place if the organization remains as is.