Soxfest 2012 announced

southsider2k5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
So a friend of mine and I purchased the SoxFest Hotel package, that comes with two weekend passes. All taken care of all I have to do is actually attend the thing.

Now a 'GF' of mine would like to join, would all she need to do is buy a two day pass for $70? I just wanna make sure she will be able to hang out with us at the hotel 'afterhours' as well as attend the seminars and events all weekend.

Any help appreciated.

Did they finally change that? They were charging $70 per pass in addition to the $300+ for the room.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 08:11 AM)
Did they finally change that? They were charging $70 per pass in addition to the $300+ for the room.

Looking at the official website, no they didn't. Also, it's $75 per pass.

HOTEL PACKAGES: SoxFest

* The hotel's special SoxFest rate for a two-night stay is $316.20 (includes 15.54% city and state taxes), plus fees . Fans will be limited to two (2) rooms per reservation name. The only way to obtain SoxFest weekend passes is to purchase a two-night SoxFest stay at the Palmer House Hilton.

Note: Palmer House Hilton applies a charge of $25 per person, per night in rooms with more than two (2) adults. This fee, along other applicable fees will be charged by the Palmer House Hilton at a later date.

WEEKEND SOXFEST PASSES:

* For each two-night hotel package purchased (limit 2), fans may buy up to four (4) weekend passes at $75 each (children ages 3 and younger DO NOT require a SoxFest ticket for admittance). Please note that SoxFest passes must be purchased in addition to the hotel package. Passes must be purchased in the same transaction with the SoxFest hotel package.

Based on that last bolded line, you may not be able to get another weekend pass. A 2-day pass for Sat/Sun at $70 may be the best you can do.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
So a friend of mine and I purchased the SoxFest Hotel package, that comes with two weekend passes. All taken care of all I have to do is actually attend the thing.

Now a 'GF' of mine would like to join, would all she need to do is buy a two day pass for $70? I just wanna make sure she will be able to hang out with us at the hotel 'afterhours' as well as attend the seminars and events all weekend.

Any help appreciated.

call the sox and see if you can buy another pass..however, you dont need a pass for the bar after the show.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
call the sox and see if you can buy another pass..however, you dont need a pass for the bar after the show.

I've been trying but the guy who's in charge clearly doesn't feel like calling me back. But yes this pretty much resolves my question.

I'll buy her the two-day pass for the Saturday and Sunday activity and she will stay in a hotel with the rest of us. Thanks.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
I've been trying but the guy who's in charge clearly doesn't feel like calling me back. But yes this pretty much resolves my question.

I'll buy her the two-day pass for the Saturday and Sunday activity and she will stay in a hotel with the rest of us. Thanks.

Friday is hotel guests only. She'll need a 3 day pass if she's staying all weekend.

Not everyone is back from xmas break. Try again on monday.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)
Uh so Selig is going to be at SoxFest on Friday to present JR with the Philanthropic Excellence Award. He's also going to be taking part in a seminar.

https://twitter.com/#!/whitesox/status/...813408245780481

I know people won't like it, but I would love to go and hear him speak, especially if he took questions. Even though i don't like a lot of what he has done, it would still be a great experience.

"Bud, what would you say about the mess our organization has been put in, having spent money on long term contracts for underachieving ball players? Is there a way to cleanse the organization of bad leadership (who canned the wrong man in Guillen), maintain payroll and still be a competitive team?"

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
"Bud, what would you say about the mess our organization has been put in, having spent money on long term contracts for underachieving ball players? Is there a way to cleanse the organization of bad leadership (who canned the wrong man in Guillen), maintain payroll and still be a competitive team?"

Do you and Greg have an Ozzie Supporters Forever FB group?

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)

Ozzie. Guillen. Quit.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)
No, he will say he has no desire to support an organization that kicked out his favorite manager of all-time, one who will undoubtedly go on to win at least 2-3 more World Series titles in the NL.

He is going to Fishfest..I am not talking about the musical troupe Phish either

I wonder who the moron is that came up with the idea of charging people $131 to stay Friday night at the hotel and still not allow them into Soxfest itself.

Fans now also have the opportunity to book just one night at the Palmer House Hilton. The special SoxFest one-night rate is $181 (which includes tax) for either Friday night or Saturday night.

Along with a one-night reservation, fans may purchase either a two-day pass (good for admission on both Saturday and Sunday) for $70 or a Sunday-only pass for $35. Those who book a hotel room for just Friday night will not have access to SoxFest that evening, as it remains reserved for only hotel guests with weekend passes.