9/8 Indians (Huff) at White Sox (Floyd)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Flowers looks like a guy who has never bunted in his life. Its nice that Hawk pointed that out, as Ozzie is setting up for failure again. I don't know how its taking the bat out of his hands though. All those craving more Tyler Flowers in 2012 better be careful what they wish for. It looks like the league may have caught up to him.

I agree with you about his future, but you can't deny that he has some power. He is perhaps the perfect guy I wouldn't never have bunt.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
I agree with you about his future, but you can't deny that he has some power. He is perhaps the perfect guy I wouldn't never have bunt.

There was zero reason to have him bunt. If Ozzie really needed a bunt there he could have pinch hit Vizquel. He has 2 other catchers available. Flowers needs all the strikes he can get. Taking away 2 is murder.

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)

I'd rather Ozzie learn Flowers can't bunt now when it doesn't matter than to have him try to bunt next year when it might matter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
I'd rather Ozzie learn Flowers can't bunt now when it doesn't matter than to have him try to bunt next year when it might matter.

I can't think of a situation where it would ever make sense for a guy like him to bunt. He has a great eye for walks, and power when he swings.

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
He has shown improvement throughout the year when it comes to power and walks.

Let's not get too crazy his numbers are horrid both in power and walks.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 02:47 AM)
Fathom is the one whose opinion I respect the most.

Well, I do appreciate it, and it is very nice to see Morel letting loose at the plate. If he can give the Sox 15 homers next year, that would be a huge plus. Rongey actually had a great segment tonight around 6:10pm when he mentioned the huge decline in home runs for the squad this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)

You got word he'll be back? :lolhitting

Regarding Morel, I've hated his approach all year, but it's nice to see him finally swing at the ball like a man. I've been waiting for him to turn and burn all year and it appears he is finally doing it (just in time as the season is over). It still doesn't exonerate him from being guilty of being a sally at the plate most of the year, however.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
I always thought Flowers wasn't going to be anything special at the plate. I guess he Ks a lot. He might as well learn to bunt.

He can hit it a mile and does draw walks. If he can make enough contact, something I wonder about, he could hit .220-.235 with a .325 OBP and hit 20+ homers with 150 ks. It really wouldn't be too bad. On the other side, if he can't make as much contact as that, its going to be hard to put him in the line up every day.