Congratulations on #2000, Pierre

Milkman delivers

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thread.

Did you see the postgame interview? How can you not like Juan Pierre? Total class.

His 2,000th hit was a nice one for him to remember. A hard hit single.

Sometimes I think people are jealous of guys like little Juan. He has no power but through hard work and getting the most out of his ability, he's had a very very nice career.

I hope Oz brings him to Florida with him and he has another good year. He has no pop (though I do recall watching him blast 2 homers this year just nine less than worthless Dunn), and he's lost his ability to swipe bases like Rock Raines did as well, but you have to love the little fella.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
Nice thread.

Did you see the postgame interview? How can you not like Juan Pierre? Total class.

Sometimes I think people are jealous of guys like little Juan. He has no power but through hard work and getting the most out of his ability, he's had a very very nice career.

I hope Oz brings him to Florida with him and he has another good year. He has no pop (though I do recall watching him blast 2 homers this year just nine less than worthless Dunn), and he's lost his ability to swipe bases like Rock Raines did as well, but you have to love the little fella.

I agree with the class part. He's supposed to be a good teammate, works really hard, sets a good example for the younger guys, and I've never seen him dog it. I wish he could hit the ball a little harder, throw a little better and get on base a little more. 2000 hits is a nice accomplishment.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 10:41 PM)
Nice thread.

Oh please let that happen. You can go with them if you want.

And yes, we hate Juan Pierre because we are jealous. So very jealous. I would love $9 million a year to play baseball.

I am also jealous of Paul Konerko and his 16,000 sq foot home in Scottsdale, not to mention his $12.5 million salary. But do you see anybody hating on him?

Pierre is one of the hardest working guys in baseball and he has to work hard to stay in shape. He's lasted pretty long for a guy who relies on speed, those guys usually fall off the earth by their early 30s. But he's no longer talented and baseball is a business where results matter, not how hard a guy works to be a replacement level player.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 04:54 AM)
Oh please let that happen. You can go with them if you want.

And yes, we hate Juan Pierre because we are jealous. So very jealous. I would love $9 million a year to play baseball.

At least he appears to try to earn his $9 million through hard work. One might question the same devotion in somebody like Dunn, who to the naked eye appears overweight, and Rios, who loafs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
At least he appears to try to earn his $9 million through hard work. One might question the same devotion in somebody like Dunn, who to the naked eye appears overweight, and Rios, who loafs.

He can try all he wants, but he's not worth $9 million. Neither are Dunn and Rios, but they got their money based on talent and track record.

It's a nice accomplishment for sure, just wish he did it in another uniform this year. I agree he's a class act and a hard working guy, a good teammate. Just not what we needed in LF given the already pathetic nature of our offense. He'll find a job next year, somewhere, but as a 4th OF at around 1-2M per IMHO

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
He can try all he wants, but he's not worth $9 million. Neither are Dunn and Rios, but they got their money based on talent and track record.

What did he get his money based on then? I don't get the bashing of JP. He's near the bottom when it comes to problems on the Sox this year. He got off to a shaky start but didn't I read he's about 5th in the AL in batting average since mid-June. What more do you want from the guy? He's had some big hits earlier and did a nice jpb as the leadoff man. Next to Konerko, he's probably had the next best year at the plate out of the rest of the Sox.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 04:53 AM)
What did he get his money based on then? I don't get the bashing of JP. He's near the bottom when it comes to problems on the Sox this year. He got off to a shaky start but didn't I read he's about 5th in the AL in batting average since mid-June. What more do you want from the guy? He's had some big hits earlier and did a nice job as the leadoff man. Next to Konerko, he's probably had the next best year at the plate out of the rest of the Sox.

Obviously not in April when he was one of the keys to us starting 11-22.

2000 hits is 2000 hits. Congrats to Juan. I've heard nothing but great things about the guy as far as how hard he works and how good of a teammate he is. Unfortunately he's not as big an impact on the game he used to be. There was quite a drop in his base stealing ability from last year. I don't expect him back with the Sox, and I would imagine he'll be a 4th OF wherever he goes.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 04:53 AM)
What did he get his money based on then? I don't get the bashing of JP. He's near the bottom when it comes to problems on the Sox this year. He got off to a shaky start but didn't I read he's about 5th in the AL in batting average since mid-June. What more do you want from the guy? He's had some big hits earlier and did a nice jpb as the leadoff man. Next to Konerko, he's probably had the next best year at the plate out of the rest of the Sox.

Let me throw out a theory here, and it has nothing to do with Pierre.

You (Lemon_44) = greg775 = elrockinMT = sunofgold