Ozzie is leaving on a jetplane

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
I wish our organization had had the balls to make changes when they were necessary even if it may have pissed a few fans off, instead of waiting until the whole thing went to s*** so that 99% of fans could finally see the need.

Not that simple. 99% of the fans never wanted to see Lillibridge get another AB after last year.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weird random idea...

i was reading how the marlins are likely to increase their payroll significantly as they move into a new stadium and such. i could be off my rocker, but wouldnt the following trade make some sense as it solves problems on both ends? i imagine to sox would love this but how averse would the marlins be to this::

logan morrison for quentin, a prospect like mitchell, and ozzie?

QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
weird random idea...

i was reading how the marlins are likely to increase their payroll significantly as they move into a new stadium and such. i could be off my rocker, but wouldnt the following trade make some sense as it solves problems on both ends? i imagine to sox would love this but how averse would the marlins be to this::

With the Sox luck, if they trade Mitchell he'll become the next Rock Raines. Looks like the Sox sold their soul to the devil for 05 with the bad luck since then and last 2 horrible seasons.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
weird random idea...

eff that i want lomo for ozzie straight UP

Question for the Oz haters: If the Sox hire Martinez and we still have this veteran team and we go 8-22 to start next season, would you bury him like you have Oz?

I mean if we go 8-22 there will be a batch of in-game decisions that failed for sure, like leaving in starters too long or not bringing in the lefty to face a lefty and calling for the bunt too early in the game.

How long will you give the new guy a break if the veteran team sucks? It will be difficult to blame Oz anymore if he's in Florida.

I stand by my saying this team needs a crotchety old guy to manage the team next year if Oz must go.

Edited by greg775

If?

How can you make hypotheticals in an argument?

People want Oz out because they know he's been bad. No one knows how a new manager will do.

Martinez could got 22-8 or 8-22. No one knows.

But, they do know that the franchise needs a new coaching philosophy and the players need a new voice. They've clearly tuned Oz and staff out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Question for the Oz haters: If the Sox hire Martinez and we still have this veteran team and we go 8-22 to start next season, would you bury him like you have Oz?

I mean if we go 8-22 there will be a batch of in-game decisions that failed for sure, like leaving in starters too long or not bringing in the lefty to face a lefty and calling for the bunt too early in the game.

How long will you give the new guy a break if the veteran team sucks? It will be difficult to blame Oz anymore if he's in Florida.

I stand by my saying this team needs a crotchety old guy to manage the team next year if Oz must go.

Jerry Reinsdorf could manage the team for all i care. If Dunn/Rios are batting a combined .300 and playing in late July/August with replacements riding the bench, the manager should be fired on the spot. That's really all there is to it. It's so unbelievably simple.

I would have fired Ozzie immediately after he pinch hit Dunn for Lilibridge against the Twins.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Jerry Reinsdorf could manage the team for all i care. If Dunn/Rios are batting a combined .300 and playing in late July/August with replacements riding the bench, the manager should be fired on the spot. That's really all there is to it. It's so unbelievably simple.

I would have fired Ozzie immediately after he pinch hit Dunn for Lilibridge against the Twins.

So let me get your position straight.

Does Jensky Cat the manager start Dunn and bat him fourth or fifth next year?

Does Cat start Rios?

And when do you magically banish them to the bench for good if they pick up right where they left off? End of April, May, when team is five out, six out, seven out??

My point is this is a KW move. He must get rid of them and not handicap the new manager. I know. I know. We can't get rid of them. Nobody (but the Sox) are willing to take them.

Good luck to Martinez in sorthing this one out. It will not start or end well because of KW acquiring them to begin with IMO.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
I think some type of announcement regarding the structure of this organization will be made before the end of season. I'm still not buying that Williams is certain to be back as GM.

I am - unless Ozzie is allowed to stay against the wishes of KW. If Ozzie goes then Kenny will certainly stay. And the Sox will be better for it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
So let me get your position straight.

Does Jensky Cat the manager start Dunn and bat him fourth or fifth next year?

Does Cat start Rios?

And when do you magically banish them to the bench for good if they pick up right where they left off? End of April, May, when team is five out, six out, seven out??

My point is this is a KW move. He must get rid of them and not handicap the new manager. I know. I know. We can't get rid of them. Nobody (but the Sox) are willing to take them.

Good luck to Martinez in sorthing this one out. It will not start or end well because of KW acquiring them to begin with IMO.

hahahaha god you're ridiculous man. seriously. ridiculous.

None of this matters because of you're nonsensical love for ozzie but what the hell, im drunk.

Dunn and Rios both get shots to start next year. Why? Because Dunn produced for 8 years and you hope he had a fluke year. Rios becuase you hope for one last chance to salvage the contract.

YOU CAN'T GET RID OF THEM. Why do you not realize that? You can't cut 60 million dollars in contracts, it does not and will not happen. Ever.

You give them 2-3 months depending on the standings. If they suck and we're still in the race, bench. If they suck and we're way out of it, then its a coin toss.

You know when I do bench Dunn? When we're 3 back in August and he has 2 hit against lefties. You know when I bench Rios? When he's hitting .200 and we have a better defensive CF sitting on the bench with double the hits.

Notice I did not defend KW ever here? Do you see that? KW and Ozzie are separate entities. It is in fact possible to criticize one without considering the other. Consider the season in a vacuum that Ozzie was just given. Did he make the right moves with the roster? f***. NO. And THAT is why he should be fired.

This argument so f***ing stupid. Jesus

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 11:45 PM)
kenny should be gone before ozzie for this crap he put together

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 01:37 AM)
Bob Nightengale says Ozzie's back if he wants to return.

1.) I wanna marry a girl like Melissa in my next life. Yes!

2.) How the frick would Bob Nightengale know? Just wonderin.