Ozzie is leaving on a jetplane

southsider2k5

Link

Omar Vizquel and Jim Thome exchanged lineup cards Thursday night for what might have been the last time they will appear on the same field as players.

A similar scenario could occur for manager Ozzie Guillen as he hopes to learn his future status during the White Sox's final homestand that starts Friday night.

While the players begin the process of packing their belongings in boxes that will clutter the clubhouse, it remains to be seen whether the Sox's high-profile leader will find out soon whether he will get an extension past 2012, or if he should start taking the photographs and framed posters off the walls of the U.S. Cellular Field office that he has occupied since 2004.

"I'm not going to think that way," Guillen said after the Indians humbled the Sox 11-2. "When you manage, you come every day to the ballpark. It can be your last day, especially the way we played this year. But I'm going to come with the same approach. If I come back, I come back. If not, I'm not.

"I don't lose sleep with that, and that's more important for me. Obviously, we think about it because we have family. I have to see what's going on. But whatever happens will be the best for me and whoever. Come back or not, that's what God has for me, I guess. That's my destiny. I count to come back, but there are a lot of things in the air that have to get done and we'll see what happens."

Guillen's future also could dictate the destiny of his coaching staff, which has been with him for at least four seasons, and many have deep roots in the Sox's organization.

After the 2010 finale, it appeared Paul Konerko and A.J. Pierzynski had played their final games as Sox players, but they re-signed with the Sox in last-minute deals.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 01:57 AM)
If I didn't know better, I'd think KW is inferring that Ozzie is long gone after next week.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,2605712.story

Somebody's going to be the scapegoat, we know that. These guys should be a package deal. If one is fired, both should be axed.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
I must of miss the mis-informed kid.. I thought he was ignoring me, since I put the kid in his place... I have to go back and destroy the kid again.. the kid must love S&M..

There are so many reasons why this post is funny, but my favorite is that you managed to misspell or misuse 3 words in a 7 word sentence stating that someone else was misinformed.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
There are so many reasons why this post is funny, but my favorite is that you managed to misspell or misuse 3 words in a 7 word sentence stating that someone else was misinformed.

Congrats! You are the next poster that Victory will ignore!!

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
I must of miss the mis-informed kid.. I thought he was ignoring me, since I put the kid in his place... I have to go back and destroy the kid again.. the kid must love S&M..

I ignored you until people quoted you so much that I had to deal with your baffling stupidity and doggerel.

Put me in my place? Au contraire fool, if you had put me in my place, then you wouldn't have taken a few days to even acknowledge me pointing out your flawed, idiotic arguments.

A kid? I may be younger than you, but I can at least spell.

So do us all a favor and promptly shut the f*** up. You're an arrogant bastard that believes that since you played baseball in high school (which, you know, probably everyone on this board did) you're qualified as a goddamn baseball genius that should have the next Moneyball be made after him.

And I'm pretty sure you're the sadomasochistic creep here considering you just invited us to blast you again considering you can't f***ing spell.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
I ignored you until people quoted you so much that I had to deal with your baffling stupidity and doggerel.

Put me in my place? Au contraire fool, if you had put me in my place, then you wouldn't have taken a few days to even acknowledge me pointing out your flawed, idiotic arguments.

So do us all a favor and promptly shut the f*** up. You're an arrogant bastard that believes that since you played baseball in high school (which, you know, probably everyone on this board did) you're qualified as a goddamn baseball genius that should have the next Moneyball be made after him.

And I'm pretty sure you're the sadomasochistic creep here considering you just invited us to blast you again considering you can't f***ing spell.

Game over.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)

I didn't :(, can't throw or swing.... I'm like Juan Pierre.