Ozzie is leaving on a jetplane

southsider2k5

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think we all agree that Ozzie is near the end, the only question really is are these his last few games or will it be these last few games and a year. There is no way I see an extension coming Oz's way. We may see Oz managing on an "out year".

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
I ignored you until people quoted you so much that I had to deal with your baffling stupidity and doggerel.

Put me in my place? Au contraire fool, if you had put me in my place, then you wouldn't have taken a few days to even acknowledge me pointing out your flawed, idiotic arguments.

A kid? I may be younger than you, but I can at least spell.

So do us all a favor and promptly shut the f*** up. You're an arrogant bastard that believes that since you played baseball in high school (which, you know, probably everyone on this board did) you're qualified as a goddamn baseball genius that should have the next Moneyball be made after him.

And I'm pretty sure you're the sadomasochistic creep here considering you just invited us to blast you again considering you can't f***ing spell.

I can honestly say I had never seen or heard that word ever before in my entire life. Congratulations on both the post and the use of that word.

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/6326

If Ozzie goes, Sox should hire Buddy Bell

Posted by scotgreg on Mon, 09/26/2011 - 12:11

I talked to multiple people in the know at U.S. Cellular Field over the weekend and not one thinks Ozzie is coming back as White Sox manager in 2012.

I did not talk to the only person that matters - chairman Jerry Reinsdorf – so it is dangerous to make a definitive call on Ozzie’s future.

Personally, I do not think Ozzie has any chance of getting the contract extension he’s been requesting for weeks.

The Sox are going to finish under .500 with the highest-paid team in franchise history. Fair or not, that is on the manager.

Talk about a classic dichotomy, Ozzie has taken the blame for the season as much as he’s asked for an extension.

Too many other major-league managers – the Yankees’ Joe Girardi and the Tigers’ Jim Leyland are prime examples – work on one-year deals.

Ozzie does not want to do that, so he is forcing Reinsdorf into a corner.

It’s going to be an interesting week at the Cell, and Ozzie could be officially out of work as soon as Wednesday, when the White Sox wrap up the season with a matinee game against the Blue Jays.

If Reinsdorf goes ahead and makes the change, Buddy Bell is at the top of my replacement list.

I do not envy the man that replaces Ozzie as Sox manager, but Bell would be best suited to make a smooth transition.

Bell is wrapping up his third season as the White Sox’ director of player development, so he knows the system. Bell also managed in the majors for nine seasons with the Tigers, Rockies and Royals.

The 60-year-old Bell played 18 seasons in the majors and was a five-time all-star.

It seems like just yesterday when I was the first to push for Ozzie as the Sox’ next manager after Jerry Manuel was fired.

I’ve known Ozzie for nearly two decades and he is one of a kind, in a good way.

He is true to himself, and the brash kid from Venezuela that played shortstop for the White Sox for 13 seasons became the brash manager that guided the Sox to the 2005 World Series.

Only Reinsdorf truly knows if Ozzie is gone.

If he is, Ozzie will be greatly missed. He’ll also land on his feet.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 07:32 AM)
And I think we all agree that Ozzie is near the end, the only question really is are these his last few games or will it be these last few games and a year. There is no way I see an extension coming Oz's way. We may see Oz managing on an "out year".

I really hope it doesn't come to that. Regular Ozzie is hard enough, I can't even imagine what Lame Duck Ozzie would do.

You Ozzie haters should want him to return.

This team is so lousy he'll be guaranteed a horrific season and you'll really see him suffer in his last year in Chicago as his contract runs out.

As far as Buddy Bell, why would he want the job?

And why would we want him?

Horrible manager.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
You Ozzie haters should want him to return.

This team is so lousy he'll be guaranteed a horrific season and you'll really see him suffer in his last year in Chicago as his contract runs out.

And that's why you never get it. No one person is bigger than the team. No one wants to see a horrific season next year, and you're going out of your way to say how lousy this team is "on paper". On paper, this team isn't bad at all. It's the execution that's terrible, and that's something that Ozzie has never been held accountable for.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
I really hope it doesn't come to that. Regular Ozzie is hard enough, I can't even imagine what Lame Duck Ozzie would do.

He'd probably do something crazy like play guys hitting <.200 everyday in august with replacements sitti...oh yeah right.>

Edited by Jenksy Cat

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/...jerry-reinsdorf

Ozzie Guillen meets with Jerry Reinsdorf

Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen met with team chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on Monday, according to Guillen's agent.

More From ESPNChicago.com

Can't get enough White Sox information? ESPNChicago.com has all the latest from the South Side. Blog

Guillen was scheduled as a guest for the "Scott Van Pelt Show" on ESPN Radio but his agent told the show's producer that Guillen had a meeting with Reinsdorf that would conflict with the appearance.

Guillen's contract is set to expire after the 2012 season. About a month ago he said he wouldn't return for the final year of his contract unless he gets an extension for 2012. Guillen didn't back off that statement on Sunday.

"I'm coming back if they pay me," Guillen said after Sunday's defeat against the Kansas City Royals.

Guillen is believed to be in line to make around $2 million next season with the White Sox. Salaries for managers are not as available as player salaries.

Guillen has said that he has always allowed the White Sox to fill in his salary, but he wants more say in the process this time.

He has been seeking a formal sit-down with Reinsdorf. Guillen and the owner spoke on the field informally during batting practice Saturday.

ESPNChicago.com's Doug Padilla contributed to this report.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
McKeon is retiring after this year. We'll have to "suffer" through Ozzie until he can be dealt for something.

JR needs to make this whole process as short as possible. The quicker Ozzie is either fired or traded the better it will be for the organization going forward. They need to get this done and focus on a replacement and direction for this organization.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
JR needs to make this whole process as short as possible. The quicker Ozzie is either fired or traded the better it will be for the organization going forward. They need to get this done and focus on a replacement and direction for this organization.

Ozzie cannot be traded for anyone on the Marlins 40 man roster until after the World Series.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)

Absolutely. In the grand scheme of things, it's much more important to restore public confidence in this organization than it is to wait until November in order to acquire Emilio Bonaficio.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Absolutely. In the grand scheme of things, it's much more important to restore public confidence in this organization than it is to wait until November in order to acquire Emilio Bonaficio.

Excuse me, but Ozzie will have a love affair with Mr. Slappy Emilio