Ozzie is leaving on a jetplane

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 05:36 PM)
Public confidence.

How will that be changed by doing something with Ozzie before the World Series rather than after? And why will taking a step immediately be judged to be positive and not flailing? And why does anyone care about "Public Confidence in the White Sox" in the middle of October anyway?

The only rational reason why Public Confidence in the Sox when everyone is watching the Bears would matter is if Season Ticket Renewal/purchase deadlines happen at the end of October.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
Cowley's got quotes...

http://twitter.com/#!/cst_Cowley

Ozzie should just start packing now. He's done wearing a Sox uniform in 48 hours.

The best one:

cst_Cowleycst_Cowley

Oz on no deal, "Things will have to change. My wife will have to shop less, I will have to drink less, Oney will have to get a job ... "

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 05:46 PM)
The best one:

cst_Cowleycst_Cowley

Oz on no deal, "Things will have to change. My wife will have to shop less, I will have to drink less, Oney will have to get a job ... "

:lolhitting I know I am in the minority but I love reading Cowley's tweets more often than not.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)
White Sox go from fun bad under Ozzie to just bad bad under someone else. Oh well, usually when ST gets something it really wants they look back on it 12 months later and berate the organization for doing what they demanded.

How in any way was this year "fun bad"? This was the most bland, unimaginative season I've witnessed since I started following the Sox.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)
yeah there's nothing "fun" about Ozzie making awful lineups game after game after game.

I guess fun bad means:

- sticking with awful lineups game after game

- refusing to try and add energy to the roster by promoting players from the minors

- refusing to retaliate as you lead the league in getting your hitters hit by pitch

- letting your good friend Miguel Cabrera make the White Sox his b****

- lacking the courage to fire your buddies on the coaching staff

yeah there's nothing "fun" about Ozzie making awful lineups game after game after game.

There's just something a lot less appealing about boring, good lineups failing miserably than bizarre, awful lineups failing hilariously.

What I'm really trying to say is the team he has sucks and he's been thrown under the bus for it.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
Absolutely. In the grand scheme of things, it's much more important to restore public confidence in this organization than it is to wait until November in order to acquire Emilio Bonaficio.

What is the difference between Ozzie being gone on October 1st or November 1st?

Totally FWIW

White Sox Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Dan Bernstein of 670 The Score just reported that his sources indicate the seeds have already been set for Ozzie to be traded to the Marlins. He reports that Ozzie and his wife were at the UC today to meet with Reinsdorf and its only a matter of time before his sources believe the announcement is made that Ozzie is headed (traded) to the Marlins. He went on to discuss his source referencing Don Cooper as a favorite of KW's, and is likely to be retained.

Front Office Notes: KW says the sox have not had any organizational meetings yet

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
Totally FWIW

Dan Bernstein of 670 The Score just reported that his sources indicate the seeds have already been set for Ozzie to be traded to the Marlins. He reports that Ozzie and his wife were at the UC today to meet with Reinsdorf and its only a matter of time before his sources believe the announcement is made that Ozzie is headed (traded) to the Marlins. He went on to discuss his source referencing Don Cooper as a favorite of KW's, and is likely to be retained.

Front Office Notes: KW says the sox have not had any organizational meetings yet

Interesting....