Ozzie is leaving on a jetplane

southsider2k5

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
Talking out of his ass again with absolutely nothing to back it up. But I bet he polled an assortment of acquaintances to come to that conclusion.

Even if I liked Ozzie and thought he was a competent manager, I'd still want him gone just to see greg's reaction. It's gonna be epic if it happens. This board would never be more entertaining.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
Even if I liked Ozzie and thought he was a competent manager, I'd still want him gone just to see greg's reaction. It's gonna be epic if it happens. This board would never be more entertaining.

It's going to be just as fulfilling to see the reactions of a certain group of posters here as it will be for me to finally get the catharsis I've been waiting on for years.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
So, I need to wait to start personal attacks is that it?

Talking out of one's ass is a saying. It means that they're just making things up. That is hardly a personal attack.

I've been here seven years and I've seen plenty of posters in your mold come in and get banned fairly quickly. I'm sure you're heading down that very road.

Talking out of one's ass is a saying. It means that they're just making things up. That is hardly a personal attack.

I've been here seven years and I've seen plenty of posters in your mold come in and get banned fairly quickly. I'm sure you're heading down that very road.

Based on what? I have yet to make a personal attack.. You did.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
For disagreeing with the majority.. So this place is like a Cult are you stating?

It's not simply disagreeing, it's the way you go about it. Greg has been going against the majority for years, but he very rarely gets confrontational at all and usually just disappears from an argument when he's shown to be wrong. You don't seem to have that trait.

It's not simply disagreeing, it's the way you go about it. Greg has been going against the majority for years, but he very rarely gets confrontational at all and usually just disappears from an argument when he's shown to be wrong. You don't seem to have that trait.

your opinion is right and mine is wrong? That's all we have here in regards to Ozzie.

And I don't back down if I feel strongly about something, such as blaming Ozzie for this seasons losses.

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
Talking out of his ass again with absolutely nothing to back it up. But I bet he polled an assortment of acquaintances to come to that conclusion.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)

1.) You guys really think things won't change in baseball and Philly and Atlanta are just gonna dominate year after year? If so then I'm mistaken. Florida isn't exactly Chicago Cub-like.

2.) You will be surprised at my reaction. I told everybody earlier I didn't care if he got fired. I think Ozzie even expected to get the boot in mid May. He is not dumb; by baseball standards he deserved to get booted at that time. A high payroll, supposed contender, was what, nine or 10 under .500? Or seven under or something?

I just happen to believe he's going to be better than whomever we hire to replace him. And I think he's SO young it's a shame he learned on the job here while winning one WS (which the Sox NEVER do) and he's only going to get better. It's a shame the Sox "trained" him for his next gig.

I love Ozzie but I'm not going to freak at all when the boot comes.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
your opinion is right and mine is wrong? That's all we have here in regards to Ozzie.

And I don't back down if I feel strongly about something, such as blaming Ozzie for this seasons losses.

Oh yes, definitely. I can't believe anyone could absolve Ozzie of any blame whatsoever. He's certainly somewhat responsible, as is KW, Pierre, Rios, etc.

Edited by Milkman delivers

Greg, with that response, you should be a speechwriter for Romney.

If you were JR, at the end of this season, whether we're in 2nd or 3rd place, do you fire Ozzie Guillen? Or do you look to trade his rights to the Marlins for talent...and, failing that, bring him back to finish his contract without providing an extension beyond the 2012 season (making him a lame duck)?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
1.) You guys really think things won't change in baseball and Philly and Atlanta are just gonna dominate year after year? If so then I'm mistaken. Florida isn't exactly Chicago Cub-like.

2.) You will be surprised at my reaction. I told everybody earlier I didn't care if he got fired. I think Ozzie even expected to get the boot in mid May. He is not dumb; by baseball standards he deserved to get booted at that time. A high payroll, supposed contender, was what, nine or 10 under .500? Or seven under or something?

I just happen to believe he's going to be better than whomever we hire to replace him. And I think he's SO young it's a shame he learned on the job here while winning one WS (which the Sox NEVER do) and he's only going to get better. It's a shame the Sox "trained" him for his next gig.

I love Ozzie but I'm not going to freak at all when the boot comes.

I don't think he was "trained" by the Sox. Ozzie came in managing a certain way, and he'll go out managing that same way. In reality, who would he have learned from? He doesn't listen to the GM (who isn't exactly the guy who want training a manager). Other than that, he's the boss of the team. Ozzie is very stubborn, and his stubbornness leads to bad decisions sometimes. He'll do the same thing in Florida (if he goes there), and we'll have to wait and see what sort of results he'll have.

You have your opinion that any new guy won't be any better than Ozzie. I (and many others) disagree. But, again we'll have to wait and see. I personally think that Ozzie's emotions and hard-headedness gets in the way of making good baseball decisions. Someone more level headed who concentrates on the game vs. what to say to the media will do a better job...in my opinion.