Ozzie is leaving on a jetplane

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Why wait till the end of the season? Just fire him now. Let the players each take a game to manage, hell, let Hermy manage one game, who cares at this point?

Seriously though, there shouldn't even be a gap between the end of the season and the Division Series. That pink slip should be delivered September 29th.

If they wait until after the season and figure out a way to send him to FLA directly, they don't owe him $2 million.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
Why wait till the end of the season? Just fire him now. Let the players each take a game to manage, hell, let Hermy manage one game, who cares at this point?

Seriously though, there shouldn't even be a gap between the end of the season and the Division Series. That pink slip should be delivered September 29th.

Cause all signs point to them wanting compensation from the Marlins

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
This should no doubt be a required prerequisite for any potential hire. I require smiles whenever said manager goes out in public.

And funny, loud, and in your face. The Sox could just hire George Carlin or Sam Kinison or Redd Foxx or Rodney Dangerfield.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
I don't think it's a good deal for the Sox. Who would leadoff if you play Stanton in RF and Viciedo in LF?

I hate, hate, hate this argument. Who bats in what spot in the order should not be a consideration when building a roster. You build the best roster you can first, then you make the best lineup from that roster. If you do it backwards, you artificially limit your talent pool and end up with Juan Pierre.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I hate, hate, hate this argument. Who bats in what spot in the order should not be a consideration when building a roster. You build the best roster you can first, then you make the best lineup from that roster. If you do it backwards, you artificially limit your talent pool and end up with Juan Pierre.

You can't possibly think he was serious?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
You can't possibly think he was serious?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
He must not know that I want to go back and rename my son Stanton (I knew I shouldn't have let my wife name him Timo)

Heh. Sorry, reflexive - some people... actually a lot of people... think that way. I guess I wasn't paying attention who I was responding to.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)

They won't fire him they will trade him to Florida and you can not trade players until after the World Series.

If they fire him and Florida hires him I believe the Sox do not owe him anything.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
They won't fire him they will trade him to Florida and you can not trade players until after the World Series.

If they fire him and Florida hires him I believe the Sox do not owe him anything.

Is that right? So if he gets hired as a coach or manager elsewhere, the Sox don't have to pay him?