Dunn is Done.

Quin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you've hit a nerve with kool-aid addled Sox fans when they start writing posts bemoaning the awful puns you're using to describe the biggest bust in professional sports history, White Sox Designated (s)Hitter, Adam Dunn.

They'd rather wave their cloth pennants and provide offseason positive reinforcement to an overweight and underachieving baseball player who at best was too lazy to train this past offseason and at worst is the latest casualty of MLB's adjustment to the steroid controversy.

But how else than "done" and "dung" to describe a .162 hitter with 10 homers, 40 RBIs, and a wallet fat enough to fit 17 million washingtons inside of it this year alone?

The talk about "Adam Dung, 2012 comeback player of the year" is as ludicrous as Ozzie's demand for an extention on his contract after two of three years at or below .500. How 'bout Dunn shows he can get to the Mendoza line first?

The only story I want to read this offseason - in one sure to be filled by the Sox's marketing whitewash about how hard Dung is working toward redemption - is the pig himself standing up and saying, "I embarrassed myself, I let Chicago fans down, and I didn't deserve 1/10th of what the White Sox paid me."

Only then will Dung possess the proper mindset to right the huge wrong he perpetrated on Major League Baseball this year.

So until then, "done" indeed . . .

QUOTE (bozzie @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
You know you've hit a nerve with kool-aid addled Sox fans when they start writing posts bemoaning the awful puns you're using to describe the biggest bust in professional sports history, White Sox Designated (s)Hitter, Adam Dunn.

They'd rather wave their cloth pennants and provide offseason positive reinforcement to an overweight and underachieving baseball player who at best was too lazy to train this past offseason and at worst is the latest casualty of MLB's adjustment to the steroid controversy.

But how else than "done" and "dung" to describe a .162 hitter with 10 homers, 40 RBIs, and a wallet fat enough to fit 17 million washingtons inside of it this year alone?

The talk about "Adam Dung, 2012 comeback player of the year" is as ludicrous as Ozzie's demand for an extention on his contract after two of three years at or below .500. How 'bout Dunn shows he can get to the Mendoza line first?

The only story I want to read this offseason - in one sure to be filled by the Sox's marketing whitewash about how hard Dung is working toward redemption - is the pig himself standing up and saying, "I embarrassed myself, I let Chicago fans down, and I didn't deserve 1/10th of what the White Sox paid me."

Only then will Dung possess the proper mindset to right the huge wrong he perpetrated on Major League Baseball this year.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, we already have a Dunn thread complaining about him in the last 24 hours. Merged.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
While I appreciate your enthusiasm, we already have a Dunn thread complaining about him in the last 24 hours. Merged.

Thank you for your editing diligence, but frankly I really don't care where the overzealous mods decide to move bozzie's posts; the sentiment is the same.

QUOTE (bozzie @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Thank you for your editing diligence, but frankly I really don't care where the overzealous mods decide to move bozzie's posts; the sentiment is the same.

Thank you for your due dilligence in posting, however, I really don't care about what overzealous posters think about how I do my job.

QUOTE (bozzie @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)

OVERZEALOUS MODS

Christ, the board needs another Adam Dunn f*cking sucks thread like I need a penis in my butt!

And no, I don't need one of those.

QUOTE (bozzie @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)

Right, because your overzealous groundbreaking puns and complaining are really in need of their own special recognition? Get over yourself.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
Right, because your overzealous groundbreaking puns and complaining are really in need of their own special recognition? Get over yourself.

Sorry, southsider, that the sentiment doesn't fit in with the idealistic idiocy Sox fans continually set themselves up with in believing in dung like Dung, but it's hard to argue with .162. As they say, "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

If only Adam Dung would take that advice once in a while . . .

QUOTE (bozzie @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)

Oh my God, your act is so old. There are about 5 kool-aid drinkers on this site anymore. Some people just get tired of the unoriginal nicknames.

I'm already doubting that you're a Sox fan, but somebody just coming to this site to rub in Dunn's failures. It's absolutely unnecessary, since we all are sick and tired of Dunn already.

QUOTE (bozzie @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
Sorry, southsider, that the sentiment doesn't fit in with the idealistic idiocy Sox fans continually set themselves up with in believing in dung like Dung, but it's hard to argue with .162. As they say, "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Right, because a whole lot of people are talking about Dunn as CPOTY. I'd advise you to get out of the kitchen if you can't think up something that isn't based on a foundation of sand.

Somebody ban this guy. I really don't think anyone would care, even if he hasn't broken any official rules.

Damn, dude, you're a f***ing revolutionary. I really had no idea that Adam Dunn f***ing sucked this year. Lord knows the 800 created topics on the subject, the constant "how on God's green Earth did this happen" conversations, or the fact that I want to rip my eyeballs out everytime he comes to bat aren't enough... now BOZZIE'S HERE TO TELL US ALL HOW IT IS.

HEY F*CKERS! WE GOT BOZZIE. DUDE HAS ALL THE INSIGHT. NEXT HE'S GOING TO TELL US THAT ALEX RIOS STINKS! SOMEONE MAKE THIS TURD AN ANALYST.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
Damn, dude, you're a f***ing revolutionary. I really had no idea that Adam Dunn f***ing sucked this year. Lord knows the 800 created topics on the subject, the constant "how on God's green Earth did this happen" conversations, or the fact that I want to rip my eyeballs out everytime he comes to bat aren't enough... now BOZZIE'S HERE TO TELL US ALL HOW IT IS.

HEY F*CKERS! WE GOT BOZZIE. DUDE HAS ALL THE INSIGHT. NEXT HE'S GOING TO TELL US THAT ALEX RIOS STINKS! SOMEONE MAKE THIS TURD AN ANALYST.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
Anytime you'd like to actually talk baseball, that'd be fine by me.

My mistake, I thought Adam Dung actually played baseball.

But after watching the much-balleyhooed video of him on chisox.com stroking a weak RBI single to right - which is the only highlight of late they can come up with for this guy - I can see where you might get confused.