Game Thread?

Milkman delivers

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home but I was listening to the top of the ninth on my way home. Ozzie chose not to start the inning with his closer - ok. But when Leyland put Inge in to pinch hit, Ozzie pulls Sale and goes to Santos - boneheaded stupid move. Leyland wanted Ozzie to do just that and then put in Avila to face Santos. I just knew what was going to happen and I burst out laughing when Avila hit that HR. Stupid Ozzie.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Santos is not a closer. The most value he has is to deal him to a team who thinks he is.

Bulls***, its his first season in that role and his second as a pitcher. He's got the stuff and the balls to be a very good closer.

I'm sure it was posted, but amazed how Ozzie just refuses to PH for AJ to favor the match up when he tried to do it the half inning before and failed when Leyland used a PHer. Dumbfounded.

I'm not even mad about it. It's the norm.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
no he didnt, you arent even looking at this objectively, you just want to criticize ozzie.

when you give up 2 homers in the 9th and then hit into a dp with the winning run on third, its the players fault plain and simple

That's the 2011 theme of Sox Talk and WSI. That's probably my #1 reason I want Ozzie gone.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
I'm sure it was posted, but amazed how Ozzie just refuses to PH for AJ to favor the match up when he tried to do it the half inning before and failed when Leyland used a PHer. Dumbfounded.

I would have used Flowers... he can atleast elevate the fuggin' ball to get a run in.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)

AJP makes more money than the rest of the catchers combined...why would you take him out of the game?

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)

Be careful what you wish for. I would have laughed if Adam Dunn came in.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
I know the game doesn't matter, but I'd love the Sox to put a run up here, so that Valverde can blow a save. I can't stand that guy.

Hope he saves a Blown Save for Verlander's game 1 vs. Boston.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
I would have used Flowers... he can atleast elevate the fuggin' ball to get a run in.

AJ hit that ball hard. Flowers may have struck out, but I guess then at least Viciedo would have had a chance to win the game, so pick your poison.

Not letting Sale pitch to Inge resulting in Leyland getting his preferred Avila/Santos matchup was the real backbreaker today.