Cooper and/or Ozzie status could affect MB coming back next year

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
yea just how everyone made up their own theory that every player sucks under ozzie and thats why we lost the divison

I could at least respect your opinion if you just admitted that you are an Ozzie homer, but you have to attempt to make it seem as though you're on a higher level than the vast majority of the board. And let's be clear, you're now just making a straw man here. Nobody is saying that Ozzie is the entire reason we lost the division. We are saying that he is most certainly a reason, and likely one of the larger reasons.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
i said there has to be something behind it. obviously everyone knows dunn is terrible and should rot on the bench. but he played him for some reason, a reason that isnt that hes so stupid and doesnt know dunn is bad. why? i dont know

But you kept implying that what Kenny stated publicly was not true. I don't see how that could be the case given everything we know. If there was a different message behind closed doors, we all know the Guillen family would get it out via twitter or Joe Cowley.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
Please link to where this was stated by anyone on this board

some of the earlier pages in this thread, they were saying how players do bad when playing for ozzie , like dunn, javy, swisher, rios,etc. and i just said i dont think players underperform becuase they are playing for him.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
some of the earlier pages in this thread, they were saying how players do bad when playing for ozzie , like dunn, javy, swisher, rios,etc. and i just said i dont think players underperform becuase they are playing for him.

There is a massive difference between that and your saying "all players".

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
i said there has to be something behind it. obviously everyone knows dunn is terrible and should rot on the bench. but he played him for some reason, a reason that isnt that hes so stupid and doesnt know dunn is bad. why? i dont know

Exactly. Ozzie Guillen played him for some reason. But don't worry, Melissa is here to tell us that it was Kenny Williams.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
But you kept implying that what Kenny stated publicly was not true. I don't see how that could be the case given everything we know. If there was a different message behind closed doors, we all know the Guillen family would get it out via twitter or Joe Cowley.

ok maybe not that he was lying but simply that i see around mlb that there are plenty of other teams that have bad players(not to the extreme of dunn obviously)with bad contracts and they play them too

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)

No, that's not all you just said.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
ok maybe not that he was lying but simply that i see around mlb that there are plenty of other teams that have bad players(not to the extreme of dunn obviously)with bad contracts and they play them too

So, now it's not Kenny's fault. Ozzie is just doing it because that's what the rest of the league does?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
So, now it's not Kenny's fault. Ozzie is just doing it because that's what the rest of the league does?

so ozzie is stupid for playing them so what about all the other teams?

ok so some people say dunn sucks becuase he played for ozzie. but ozzie played him everyday. if ozzie benched him right away wouldnt dunn dislike him? i dont understand

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)

ok so some people say dunn sucks becuase he played for ozzie. but ozzie played him everyday. if ozzie benched him right away wouldnt dunn dislike him? i dont understand

Just to be clear, you've changed your argument entirely now?

My goodness. It's like talking to a 4th grader.

He didn't have to bench Dunn right away. He should have benched Dunn in July or at least in August when Kenny finally told him it was ok to do so.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

And what the f*** would Dunn liking or disliking Ozzie have to do with anything whatsoever?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)

He didn't have to bench Dunn right away. He should have benched Dunn in July or at least in August when Kenny finally told him it was ok to do so.

fine youre right he should have. bring on next year and the new coaching staff :gosoxretro:

Who has said this?

There's a difference between "Dunn sucks because Ozzie is the coach" and "Ozzie is a f***ing idiot who kept playing him late in the season"

Why would Kenny say one thing to the media and then force Ozzie to play these players? Why wouldn't Ozzie or his goon son say something to the media, since they haven't had a problem speaking up in the past?

Kenny likes to throw Ozzie under the bus, just as much as Ozzie throws Kenny under the bus.... SO it obvious what needs to happen

Hide the bus!

And play who?

Sorry that's a cop out argument...

Here is the problem, in a normal team, you bat him 7-8-9th to get out of his slump... on this team you do that.. One inning you have a 3 up and 3 down, from 3/4 here of Beckham, Morel, Rios and Dunn.

So you bench the other 3 guys as well?

Now that the games don't matter, thanks OZ!

He had 64 AB's in August. Roughly 64 too many.

So he played roughly 16 games... OOOO NOOO out of 28 games... Are you wanting Beckham Benched as well? Morel? Rios?

Who replaces these guys if the answer is yes?

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
And play who?

Sorry that's a cop out argument...

Here is the problem, in a normal team, you bat him 7-8-9th to get out of his slump... on this team you do that.. One inning you have a 3 up and 3 down, from 3/4 here of Beckham, Morel, Rios and Dunn.

So you bench the other 3 guys as well?

Seriously? Who else could he have played? I dunno, Lilibridge, Vicedo, me, Hawk, literally anyone other than the player having the worst season in the history of the sport.

Is that really an earth shattering revelation to you?