Cooper and/or Ozzie status could affect MB coming back next year

southsider2k5

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
So he played roughly 16 games... OOOO NOOO out of 28 games... Are you wanting Beckham Benched as well? Morel? Rios?

Who replaces these guys if the answer is yes?

Posters like you make me weep for society.

Rios got 94 AB's in August. Add Dunn, and that's 160 AB's wasted with capable replacements sitting on the bench while we still somehow were in the race. If you don't see how incredibly stupid that is then....well

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
Seriously? Who else could he have played? I dunno, Lilibridge, Vicedo, me, Hawk, literally anyone other than the player having the worst season in the history of the sport.

Is that really an earth shattering revelation to you?

howard-the-duck-original.jpg

I would've played this gentleman in place of Dunn.

Edited by Jordan4life

Seriously? Who else could he have played? I dunno, Lilibridge, Vicedo, me, Hawk, literally anyone other than the player having the worst season in the history of the sport.

Is that really an earth shattering revelation to you?

Vicedo wasn't up yet... If your hitting is anything like your arguing, I'll take Dunn.. Hawk don't get me started, I wish a line drive would shut him up permanently.

Lilly, did play allot.. Do you think the Sox had a shot in August?

Posters like you make me weep for society.

Rios got 94 AB's in August. Add Dunn, and that's 160 AB's wasted with capable replacements sitting on the bench while we still somehow were in the race. If you don't see how incredibly stupid that is then....well

And who plays for Rios and Dunn?

Because winning teams have 26million in 2 bench players all the time.. :lolhitting

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
Vicedo wasn't up yet... If your hitting is anything like your arguing, I'll take Dunn.. Hawk don't get me started, I wish a line drive would shut him up permanently.

No more troll bait for me, I've had my fill for today.

I think my IQ dropped at least 4 points arguing with you.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:05 PM)
howard-the-duck-original.jpg

I would've played this gentleman in place of Dunn.

:notworthy

f***ing bravo J4L.

And all you need to know about this thread is that Victory isn't giving a single f***ing rational argument and instead out right dismissing evidence and fact and stating generalizations and making up bulls*** facts.

For example, Swisher wasn't the Opening Day CF.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CH...8-lineups.shtml

It was Alexei damnit.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)

Would that be the 49 ABs he had in August, or the 16 he had in July?

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Well if 48abs is allot for Dunn, a bench player getting 49 might be huge.. don't you think?

Dunn hit over .200 for one month this entire season. In May he hit .204.

Lillbridge hit .265 in August with 6 HR and 14 RBI, while Dunn hit .155 with 1 Hr and 2 RBI.

In other words Brent Lillibridge would have had to have gone 0-35 in those extra ABs just to have the same batting average that Dunn did in August. That is also not taking any of the power numbers into consideration. You really think Lillibridge would have gone 0-36 or worse playing in Dunn's spot?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)

Lillbridge hit .265 in August with 6 HR and 14 RBI, while Dunn hit .155 with 1 Hr and 2 RBI.

In other words Brent Lillibridge would have had to have gone 0-35 in those extra ABs just to have the same batting average that Dunn did in August. That is also not taking any of the power numbers into consideration. You really think Lillibridge would have gone 0-36 or worse playing in Dunn's spot?

Nobody wanted Lillibridge on the roster in April. Now you're saying he's the savior in August. Unbelievable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)

And just for reference's sake, you'd have to go back and add up June, July, and August to get 6 homers from Dunn, which would cover 200 ABs. During that time Adam hit .145. He also put up a whopping 16 RBIs over those three months.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
Nobody wanted Lillibridge on the roster in April. Now you're saying he's the savior in August. Unbelievable.

And what the fans thought in April is relevant how? The object here was/is to win baseball games. Less Dunn and more Lillibridge gives you a better chance to do just that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
And what the fans thought in April is relevant how? The object here was/is to win baseball games. Less Dunn and more Lillibridge gives you a better chance to do just that.

Exactly. The whole "people wanted Lillibridge cut" thing is a sleight of hand trick, just like when he played the "But Viciedo wasn't here!" card. He tried to make the "who would you play argument?", and when it blew up in his face, we got the completely unrelated non sequitor.

Even without Viciedo on the roster, Guillen had better options than Dunn when the games actually mattered.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
If only Lastings Milledge got more AB's. People around here need to spend more time watching this game.

I have no doubt that even s***ty assed Lastings Milledge would have been better than what Dunn gave us this year. Hell Andy Gonzalez might have been able to come in from his co-ed softball league and do that.