Cooper and/or Ozzie status could affect MB coming back next year

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
There's that word again. Wanna rethink that? There's a difference between "saved" and putting the best players on the field.

Look at Dunn's track record versus Lillibridge. Dunn was signed because of that track record, if he's on the roster he needs to play.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
Look at Dunn's track record versus Lillibridge. Dunn was signed because of that track record, if he's on the roster he needs to play.

'11 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dunn's track record

You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you're historically bad. Dunn had more than enough time to pull his head out of his lard ass. He couldn't do it. Other guys were performing, majors and minors, that should've seen a lot more run.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
That's on the GM for signing him then. Poor scouting.

Wait, so it's Kenny's fault for signing him due to poor scouting - yet Ozzie's not at fault for playing him every day for over four months because of, as you said, his "track record?" Ha! That makes perfect sense.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
Wait, so it's Kenny's fault for signing him due to poor scouting - yet Ozzie's not at fault for playing him every day for over four months because of, as you said, his "track record?" Ha! That makes perfect sense.

It's too bad Ozzie couldn't do 4 months of real time scouting to notice that Adam Dunn no longer deserved to get ABs while we were still in the mix for a playoff spot.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Bingo. Even if you want to talk about his contract, it was July 25th that Kenny made the public statement to play the best 9.

The real issue here is that they are 15 games out. Dunn and Rios don't make that difference up if they have years that are expected and that's with Konerko's MVP-type year. Williams construction of the team was all wrong.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
The real issue here is that they are 15 games out. Dunn and Rios don't make that difference up if they have years that are expected and that's with Konerko's MVP-type year. Williams construction of the team was all wrong.

As I've pointed out to you before, the errors of others doesn't absolve Guillen's mistakes.

lol. You knew this was coming. "Well, they're 15 games out. No one or two changes would've made a difference." I'm sure Rongey has repeated this ad nauseum during the post-game shows.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
'11 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dunn's track record

You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you're historically bad. Dunn had more than enough time to pull his head out of his lard ass. He couldn't do it. Other guys were performing, majors and minors, that should've seen a lot more run.

If you are historically bad from one year to the next, the GM should not have signed him. I mean these are professional baseball people who have to notice these things.

There's that word again. Wanna rethink that? There's a difference between "saved" and putting the best players on the field.

I don't think I stated anything wrong there. It seems that people(not just here, in real life as well) thinking Lilly playing everyday, the sox are going to the playoffs. Which is simple not true..

And how is playing your best UTL man everyday going to help you win? Who replaces him then?

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
If you are historically bad from one year to the next, the GM should not have signed him. I mean these are professional baseball people who have to notice these things.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? You're giving Ozzie a pass for playing him continuously because of his "track record." Why do you think KW signed him? Because of his sparkling personality?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)

So Kenny needed ESP to know that Dunn was going to go from one of the most consistent power hitters in MLB history, to historically bad, yet Ozzie shouldn't have benched him after 3-4 months of being historically bad. Ow, my head hurts.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
So Kenny needed ESP to know that Dunn was going to go from one of the most consistent power hitters in MLB history, to historically bad, yet Ozzie shouldn't have benched him after 3-4 months of being historically bad even though he was instructed to do just that. Ow, my head hurts.

fixed

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? You're giving Ozzie a pass for playing him continuously because of his "track record." Why do you think KW signed him? Because of his sparkling personality?

People don't have a problem with Williams signing him because of his track record, but want the track record ignored in July. Ridiculous.

If they have years that are near their normal career numbers, we don't fall 15 games out. As a matter of a fact, there is a better chance that they blow out this division early while the pitching was still great, and Detroit doesn't waste their time making the moves for Fister and Young. Don't forget that we were 3.5 games out as recently as August 16th. After that is when the Tigers got hot, and this team quit on Guillen.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
I don't think I stated anything wrong there. It seems that people(not just here, in real life as well) thinking Lilly playing everyday, the sox are going to the playoffs. Which is simple not true..

And how is playing your best UTL man everyday going to help you win? Who replaces him then?

That's your perception. Just like it was your perception that, despite only being here a couple weeks, that everybody was picking on Ozzie before you were emphatically proven incorrect. Playing Lillibridge did not guarantee a trip to the playoffs (I can't believe I just typed that). Neither did calling up Viciedo/De Aza. Letting those guys play gave you a better chance to win baseball games. How many? We will never know. Ozzie made certain of that.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)

In very simple terms. if Brent hit better than Dunn, (which any number you can pick from this year tells you he would have) ergo, he gave your team a better chance at winning.