Where Can You Find that Iconic Pic/Poster of the 1993 Clinch?

LVSoxFan

Hello White Sox brothers:

On a more upbeat memory, I'm trying to track down that awesome pic of whom I believe is Kirk McCaskill waiting for the catcher to jump on him by the mound after making the final out in the 1993 AL West clinch game.

It's up on one of the ramps at the Cell on the South side of the park.

But damn if I cannot locate it anywhere, no matter what I Google. A poster would be awesome, frame-able pic would suffice.

Any ideas?

Many thanks. I figure if it can be found, somebody here knows where.

Am I the only one (had to have been old enough of course) that enjoyed that '93 season more than '05? I can't explain it. Maybe because I was only 10 and it was still a 'kids' game to me at the time. This is when I also knew that the Sox, not the Bulls or Bears, had my heart. The Bulls had just 3-peated a few months earlier and I was nowhere near as elated as I was when the Sox simply took the division. I really thought we were going to take Toronto that year. The way Alvarez/Bere were pitching down the stretch, plus that Frank guy. f***!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
Am I the only one (had to have been old enough of course) that enjoyed that '93 season more than '05? I can't explain it. Maybe because I was only 10 and it was still a 'kids' game to me at the time. This is when I also knew that the Sox, not the Bulls or Bears, had my heart. The Bulls had just 3-peated a few months earlier and I was nowhere near as elated as I was when the Sox simply took the division. I really thought we were going to take Toronto that year. The way Alvarez/Bere were pitching down the stretch, plus that Frank guy. f***!

I get that same feeling, but it was for 2000.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
I get that same feeling, but it was for 2000.

Idiots. 2005 was the tits.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
I have a framed photo of it from when I was a kid at my parents, I'll see if I can dig it up!

You are the man. It's gotta be out there somewhere. If it was iconic enough to put on the wall at the park, I gotta imagine it's available somewhere.

Yeah that team really had my heart. I don't think I missed an inning of that team whether it was via radio or TV.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Definitely, but I was only 15 in 2000. I wasn't as aware of advanced statistics or our proclivity to fail down the stretch. It was more just magical.

Yeah, I hear that. I was also absolutely CRUSHED in 2000 (being 17). 93 and the rise of Frank were amazing and got me to the Sox at age 10, the late nineties had some epic-bad pitching, 2000 was sweet, 2001-2004 were very frustrating, 2005 was jizz central, and since it's been a cavalcade of frustration.

EDIT: Someone retroactively give Frank that MVP Award for 2000, already. Stupid juicin' Giambi.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
:stick 1983

^^This. 9 years old, fans celebrate the clinching peacefully on the field at the old ballpark, listening to that game on the radio until Sportvision allowed it on free TV and I watched with my dad, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Great memories even if Tito Landrum and Dybzinski f***ed it up in the end.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Yeah, I hear that. I was also absolutely CRUSHED in 2000 (being 17). 93 and the rise of Frank were amazing and got me to the Sox at age 10, the late nineties had some epic-bad pitching, 2000 was sweet, 2001-2004 were very frustrating, 2005 was jizz central, and since it's been a cavalcade of frustration.

EDIT: Someone retroactively give Frank that MVP Award for 2000, already. Stupid juicin' Giambi.

'05 will be my favorite until the next one. I do admit that '05 was kind of anticlimactic.

I wouldn't say that every year since '05 was that bad. '08 was a fun year for me. Game 162, the blackout game, those are good memories.

How can you call it anti-climactic? We crushed all year, almost fell apart in September, then rallied at the end... then crushed in the WS/playoffs. I couldn't have been any more storybook than that.

Since then it's been slim pickins though. Granted the Blackout game was WS-like and I had the privilege of being at The Perfect Game, which ranks #2 behind the WS in all-time greatest moments.

Now... anyone have any other ideas about that pic? I'm at a loss!

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
By the end of Game 3 of the world series, we had it all wrapped up in my mind, and perhaps before that even, yet there was still the last game to be played.

I went to school far from Chicago. I was wary, but other people kept telling me it was in the bag. I didn't believe it until that last out.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 12:49 AM)
I went to school far from Chicago. I was wary, but other people kept telling me it was in the bag. I didn't believe it until that last out.

Yup. When it comes to my favorite teams I'm just beyond paranoid. That series wasn't wrapped up in my mind until Konerko caught the ball from Juan.