Chapter 151: the future (6:10pm, CSN)

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
I assure you the next time you see the Chicago American League representative in a world series, one Brent Morel will not be their starting 3rd baseman

If it takes as long as the last one, many of us won't see the Sox in the WS again, and the Sox 3rd baseman for that series hasn't been born yet.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
Nice to see Morel find power, but I've got to believe that if there was any semblance of meaning left in the games the Sox play (there hasn't been for quite some time now) his power would still be a myth. That first Detroit sweep took a lot of pressure off this team.

So when standing in the batters-box, somehow his improved split-second pitch recognition and efficient path into the ball doesn't happen when the game around him has some "semblance of meaning?"

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Glad to see he's doing well. He has only 34 RBIs all year though? Yikes.

Who would have thought Beckham would have such a crap season.

If he does this again next year, what makes him any better than somebody like Getz?

Beckham is a good fielder, though, damn good.

Nobody in front of him gets on base. It's not his fault he has 34 RBIs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Yup. Playin' with fire all night. These Royals can hit.

With Monty stalling, Lamb undergoing TJ, and Odorizzi far away, the Royals desperately need some pitching with that offense. I wouldn't be surprised if they deal some of their farm for a legitimate pitcher this offseason. Not unlike Cleveland and Ubaldo. (Though I still dislike that trade for the Indians.)

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
With Monty stalling, Lamb undergoing TJ, and Odorizzi far away, the Royals desperately need some pitching with that offense. I wouldn't be surprised if they deal some of their farm for a legitimate pitcher this offseason. Not unlike Cleveland and Ubaldo. (Though I still dislike that trade for the Indians.)

Yeah, they need arms. Moore is on record saying he'd be willing to deal multiple prospects for proven starting pitching.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
I see him as a back of the rotation guy and stated as such at the time of the trade. I think people were way too high on him.

Yea I see him putting up 02-04, 06 Garland-type numbers with a possible 05, 10 numbers down the road.