Alejandro De Aza continues to play very steady ball

chisoxfan09

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
This "kid" will be 28 next year. Seeing as how I like teams to win games, a .750 OPS taking up a corner outfield position in the American League is f***ing bad. (Albeit, obviously better than Juan Pierre, but yeah, f*** this season and f*** Ozzie.)

De Aza has been a breath of fresh air on an otherwise gasping roster, but I'd hope he performed a hell of a lot better than what you hope.

The OPS of all of the players who have played LF in all of Major League Baseball this year is .730. That's actually the lowest of all of the OF spots.

If Alejandro De Aza were able to put up a .750 OPS in LF next season and play good defense, it would be perfectly acceptable and the least of the White Sox concerns.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
The OPS of all of the players who have played LF in all of Major League Baseball this year is .730. That's actually the lowest of all of the OF spots.

If Alejandro De Aza were able to put up a .750 OPS in LF next season and play good defense, it would be perfectly acceptable and the least of the White Sox concerns.

Wow. I knew it had dropped, but I had no idea by how much.

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Guys.... It is so obvious that Victory is a troll. He joined right as greg's insanity regarding ozzie was starting to reach new levels. He based his routine off greg, this is what trolls do. He is basically a more trollish version of greg.

I think I called him a troll the very first day he started posting.

QUOTE (shlammajamma @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
thanks for the sarcasm jackass. youd think if it was so obvious people wouldnt respond to him.

Lol. This is hilarious. Now kyyle is cool as f***. But mods were messing with me all off-season. And I never came at anybody personally (save once which was justified). I deserve a piece of pie or something. Lace it with rum. * cue shack once again saying I make everything about me*

On a serious note and back to baseball, if De Aza can keep up a .360-.370 OBP and steal 30-40 bags I would be happy with that if he gets a chance. His defense seems to be good from what I have read. I say why not. Let him go into ST with the job as his to lose.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
On a serious note and back to baseball, if De Aza can keep up a .360-.370 OBP and steal 30-40 bags I would be happy with that if he gets a chance. His defense seems to be good from what I have read. I say why not. Let him go into ST with the job as his to lose.

This better be the plan, or this organization is even a bigger mess than is already apparent.

The only reservation I would have is that he may struggle a little vs. LHP. But then there is the option of using Lillibridge in a platoon. They are both lead off candidates, and both good, speedy outfielders, so that could work just fine.

This better be the plan, or this organization is even a bigger mess than is already apparent.

The only reservation I would have is that he may struggle a little vs. LHP. But then there is the option of using Lillibridge in a platoon. They are both lead off candidates, and both good, speedy outfielders, so that could work just fine.

Fangraphs has De Aza's 2011 UZR at 2.2 which is a relatively small sample size. I am still quite keen to see him get good jumps in any outfield position although his ideal position is CF. But the logic has him as the heir apparent to J Pierre. I hope we can start to build something good with the young core in some positions.