Will JR do the right thing?

sin city sox fan

I don't think the White Sox can afford to lose our leader and Ozzie must be signed to a long term contract (6-8 years minimum) immediately. Let's hope talk of a new contract is going on behind the scenes and something is announced this week. Come on JR......make the first step today towards bringing the World Series back to the southside. Secure Ozzie as our manager longterm and keep our greatest asset.

I'm thinking we should also be proactive and lock up Peavy to a 3 year, 45 million dollar extension. If he can pitch like the grinder he is next year, the former Cy Young Winner will get more money on the open market. Can you imagine how much money a team like the Marlins would pay Peavy? He'd be a great mentor for their young pitchers, as well as a terrific piece for them to have when they make the postseason.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
I don't think the White Sox can afford to lose our leader and Ozzie must be signed to a long term contract (6-8 years minimum) immediately. Let's hope talk of a new contract is going on behind the scenes and something is announced this week. Come on JR......make the first step today towards bringing the World Series back to the southside. Secure Ozzie as our manager longterm and keep our greatest asset.

Call me dumb, but is Sin City being sarcastic or not?

I hate all the sarcasm on the board.

If he's being serious, I agree with his first post.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)

Fire KW, kick Ozzie up to the GM seat, and maybe throw a President title his way as gratitude for 2005. Name Joey Cora the new manager, and let Oney become the bench coach.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
I'm thinking we should also be proactive and lock up Peavy to a 3 year, 45 million dollar extension. If he can pitch like the grinder he is next year, the former Cy Young Winner will get more money on the open market. Can you imagine how much money a team like the Marlins would pay Peavy? He'd be a great mentor for their young pitchers, as well as a terrific piece for them to have when they make the postseason.

They should also think about extending Dunn. Now would be the time. You would probably get a good bargain if you tacked on a couple more years.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Laugh all you want....but if we don't sign him, he's probably be leading the Marlins to 4 or 5 World Series titlles in the next decade.

I guess I don't see why we have all the Ozzie hate either. If Reinsdorf signs him I am fine with it. What I really wonder is if a mutual decision to split is made between friends and then Ozzie goes to greener fields in Miami is what might happen, but I for one would like to see Ozzie back for 3 or 4 years. Ozzie can't hit for Dunn or Rios, can't pitch for Peavy, et al, can't help injuries, etc. He could have did things better for sure but so could KW have done better. We had a bad year no doubt. Hopefully 2012 is better. I think we have some motivated people on the team to make that happen.