Will JR do the right thing?

sin city sox fan

At this point, I don't see why Ozzie would want to come back.

He could start fresh in Florida. This team has so many issues talent wise with a fan base that cares a lot more than the fan base in Florida.

Ozzie has to realize this team isn't going to magically start beating Central Division teams next season, since the personnel won't be changing much.

Why would he want to go through this again? At some point when a team sucks as badly as the White Sox he will get axed. So why not just leave? A 3-4 year deal in Florida will continue to fill his wallet and wallet of his kids for generations.

He may lose in Florida but it'd be with different players and he could go out on his boat to ease his nerves.

Edited by greg775

New article up by Van Dyke, sorted of related but the quote at the bottom really killed me by KW. Says he doesn't really see a reason to change the direction of the ship with regards to Ozzie. Oh boy!! 2012 here we come with more drama!!

Link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,2605712.story

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said he was tired of talking about his job status every day – even though he did again as the last homestand opened Friday – and general manager Kenny Williams apparently agrees.

“I’m just listening right now,” Williams said when asked what was happening with Guillen. “We have one week to go in the season and we’ll get to all of that soon enough. No need to rush it.”

Asked if he, Guillen and chairman Jerry Reinsdorf would sit down soon, Williams said:

“I would rather do it privately. Whether or not we have plans to sit down or when, how, what the ultimate result is going to be is dangerous (speculation). And it’s unnecessary. I know it hasn’t been exactly private, but I think it’s better served if it is.

“That it’s a more respectful way of doing business.”

Guillen is signed through next season, but is seeking an extension. It is possible Reinsdorf will tell Guillen he isn’t getting one and he either manages that last year or quits and goes to Florida.

Williams still has great influence with Reinsdorf and, in fact, recommended the coaching staff get contract extensions after a disastrous 2007 season.

“I’m not one that easily will give up the ship and change course of direction,” Williams said. “I’m in the listening phase right now and that’s all I can do. We’ll see where we end up as a result. Ozzie’s got some ideas that I think he’s still developing. We’ll see.”

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
RaferWeigel Rafer Weigel

Just asked #WhiteSox Ozzie Guillen if he would give him an extension, "no. But I have to ask. You think a pretty girl is 2 good u still try"

15 minutes ago

LOLOLOLOLOLOL THE HUMOR OF THIS GUY. I'D BUY HIM A DRINK IF HE WALKED INTO THE SAME RESTAURANT I WAS FREQUENTING.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 06:02 AM)
At this point, I don't see why Ozzie would want to come back.

He could start fresh in Florida. This team has so many issues talent wise with a fan base that cares a lot more than the fan base in Florida.

Ozzie has to realize this team isn't going to magically start beating Central Division teams next season, since the personnel won't be changing much.

Why would he want to go through this again? At some point when a team sucks as badly as the White Sox he will get axed. So why not just leave? A 3-4 year deal in Florida will continue to fill his wallet and wallet of his kids for generations.

He may lose in Florida but it'd be with different players and he could go out on his boat to ease his nerves.

If only Chicago wasn't a desert

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 01:08 AM)
New article up by Van Dyke, sorted of related but the quote at the bottom really killed me by KW. Says he doesn't really see a reason to change the direction of the ship with regards to Ozzie. Oh boy!! 2012 here we come with more drama!!

Link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,2605712.story

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said he was tired of talking about his job status every day – even though he did again as the last homestand opened Friday – and general manager Kenny Williams apparently agrees.

“I’m just listening right now,” Williams said when asked what was happening with Guillen. “We have one week to go in the season and we’ll get to all of that soon enough. No need to rush it.”

Asked if he, Guillen and chairman Jerry Reinsdorf would sit down soon, Williams said:

“I would rather do it privately. Whether or not we have plans to sit down or when, how, what the ultimate result is going to be is dangerous (speculation). And it’s unnecessary. I know it hasn’t been exactly private, but I think it’s better served if it is.

“That it’s a more respectful way of doing business.”

Guillen is signed through next season, but is seeking an extension. It is possible Reinsdorf will tell Guillen he isn’t getting one and he either manages that last year or quits and goes to Florida.

Williams still has great influence with Reinsdorf and, in fact, recommended the coaching staff get contract extensions after a disastrous 2007 season.

“I’m not one that easily will give up the ship and change course of direction,” Williams said. “I’m in the listening phase right now and that’s all I can do. We’ll see where we end up as a result. Ozzie’s got some ideas that I think he’s still developing. We’ll see.”

A couple of days ago, KW said it wasn't his call. KW and OG are both speaking out of both sides of their mouths. I also believe they both know exactly what is up regarding this offseason and it seems pretty obvious the Sox don't want to pay Ozzie if he's not managing the White Sox. So they probably are going to try to make it hard for him to come back for his final year of his contract by waxing some of his friends and saying no to any extension talk. It will be up to Ozzie. The Marlins aren't going to negotiate with the White Sox over Ozzie if there is nothing to negotiate Ozzie has to quit first. If he doesn't, JR either has to bring him back or fire him. At this point I'm guessing they are praying to JR's God and the real God he quits. (That's just in reference to Ozzie's quote. I really don't think he meant anything by it fwiw)

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
I guess I don't see why we have all the Ozzie hate either. If Reinsdorf signs him I am fine with it. What I really wonder is if a mutual decision to split is made between friends and then Ozzie goes to greener fields in Miami is what might happen, but I for one would like to see Ozzie back for 3 or 4 years. Ozzie can't hit for Dunn or Rios, can't pitch for Peavy, et al, can't help injuries, etc. He could have did things better for sure but so could KW have done better. We had a bad year no doubt. Hopefully 2012 is better. I think we have some motivated people on the team to make that happen.
Of course. At least 3 or 4 years for sure, longer preferably. The Sox are 438-445 since 7-7-06. That's only 5 1/2 seasons and almost .500. Such excellence should not go unrewarded.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 02:39 AM)
LOLOLOLOLOLOL THE HUMOR OF THIS GUY. I'D BUY HIM A DRINK IF HE WALKED INTO THE SAME RESTAURANT I WAS FREQUENTING.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 02:42 AM)
This guy is an imbecile! And anyone who agrees with him is probably one too.

I don't know why, but this pair of drunk posts cracked me up. Well done, sir.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
I don't think the White Sox can afford to lose our leader and Ozzie must be signed to a long term contract (6-8 years minimum) immediately. Let's hope talk of a new contract is going on behind the scenes and something is announced this week. Come on JR......make the first step today towards bringing the World Series back to the southside. Secure Ozzie as our manager longterm and keep our greatest asset.

Hahahahahaha I drink them and it affects this guy.... Ohh lord I needed a laugh.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Edited by JoshPR