A's @ Sox Game Thread- 6:05 CT

SoxFan1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garland always overcomes this kind of thing and he will tonight.

Garland always overcomes this? Drugs kill my man. If your suggesting that Galrand is always in trouble or trailing then your right. But the guy loses his nuts when the defense doesn't play behind him. He nips and tucks at the corners and on top of that we have a new catcher tonight for him to adjust too. Get the Bullpen ready.

PS I do not like this lineup tonight.

All of those runs are unearned for Garland.

so what, we are still losing, that is my point. We are playing the A's not the tigers. i hope I am wrong and you are right but the Sox do not play well against these guys. Should be plenty of fights in the stands tonight. Sox bats gone cold.

so what, we are still losing, that is my point. We are playing the A's not the tigers. i hope I am wrong and you are right but the Sox do not play well against these guys. Should be plenty of fights in the stands tonight. Sox bats gone cold.

I was just pointing that out, that's it.

top of 2

-Ellis walks

-Singleton flies out to left

-Hatteberg singles, Ellis to 3rd

-Guillen singles to left, Ellis scores, Hatteberg to third, Guillen advances to second on throw

4-0

-Chavez grounds out to 2nd

-Tejada grounds out to the pitcher

Garland with 54 pitches

4-0 A's after 1 and a half :bang

Game ain't over yet.

Get Garland out, get Schow or Wright in, and hope the offense can come back with 10 runs in the last 7 innings

I've seen stranger things. Anyone remember last year against the Cubs? Down 8-0 after 3, came back and won 13-9. We can do it. And they had Kerry Wood on the hill, the A's have Ted Lilly. Our lineup kills lefties.

This game ain't over yet.

I hate to say but I did say it in the first inning...Gfame over, anyway Konerko set the tone, Garland isn't that good to overcome that kind of stuff, and the Sox will not do well selecting pitches so they will swing at anything to get this game over with. Too bad, but we will swing back and forth for weeks. Just too bad we continue to lay eggs when we have a big crowd on a saturday night.

Game ain't over yet.

Get Garland out, get Schow or Wright in, and hope the offense can come back with 10 runs in the last 7 innings

I've seen stranger things.  Anyone remember last year against the Cubs?  Down 8-0 after 3, came back and won 13-9.  We can do it.  And they had Kerry Wood on the hill, the A's have Ted Lilly.  Our lineup kills lefties.

This game ain't over yet.

Dude, your watching too much Beavis and Butthead

Bottom of 4

-Thomas pops out foul to the catcher

-Maggs flies out to right center

-Lee pops out to first

This is a laugher

Lilly with 55 pitches through 4 innings.

6-0 A's after 4

Top of 5

-Hernandez grounds out to 1st

-Long Ks looking on 3 pitches

-Ellis flies out to right

Garland with 95 pitches through 5

6-0 A's after 4 and a half

This lineup isn't as bad as that last game in Seattle, but what is it with Manuel calling off the dogs once the Sox accomplish a goal. He does that whenever they win the first two of a series, he'll empty the bench for the last game instead of going for the sweep. Same thing tonight. Rowand are Graffy are nice players, but why not play Everett and the Alomars tonight?? You've got yourself a half game lead, why not try to widen it? He has zero of the go for the jugular instinct and I'm tired of it.