"We have spent, over the last decade, a lot of time in first plac

Marty34

On whether a change in leadership is needed:

"Not in my leadership. And I don't know that anywhere else," Williams said. "I mean, listen, last year in September we were in first place. We didn't make the playoffs last year, but it's not like we were, you know, scrubs. We have spent, over the last decade, a lot of time in first place.
Edited by Marty34

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
oh dont try and drag me into your tired arguments. predictable and lame.

That's such an oversimplified arguement anyways. The 2005 team was not even KW's best-built team.

The GM has at best, an indirect effect on where the ballclub ultimately finishes at the end of the year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
That's such an oversimplified arguement anyways. The 2005 team was not even KW's best-built team.

The GM has at best, an indirect effect on where the ballclub ultimately finishes at the end of the year.

watch out, you might get "destroyed" by VMC

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
watch out, you might get "destroyed" by VMC

I'm one of the bigger KW supporters here, and everyone knows it, so I for the most part just stay out of these threads.

But by the criteria utilized by many here, there might be 4 GM's in the league that would ever last more than 2 seasons in their jobs.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)
I'm one of the bigger KW supporters here, and everyone knows it, so I for the most part just stay out of these threads.

But by the criteria utilized by many here, there might be 4 GM's in the league that would ever last more than 2 seasons in their jobs.

THANK YOU!!!

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
Honestly Williams should have been let go after Wilder, his friend he gave a job to, was indicted.

And Ozzie should have been let go after his homophobic slurs, letting his kid release clubhouse secrets, or calling the fans idiots multiple times. They both suck.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
The Sox are not scrubs therefore Williams deserves to keep his job. Unbelievable that he would offer that as a defense. Insulting really.

Actually he was offering that as a defense of Ozzie and his coaches, as much as himself. And he's just posturing because Ozzie is still under contract for 2012 and he wants him to quit or to get compensation from the Marlins not fire him.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
And Ozzie should have been let go after his homophobic slurs, letting his kid release clubhouse secrets, or calling the fans idiots multiple times. They both suck.

There is no defense of Guillen here. You are too sensitive.

GM's should only be judged on playoff appearances.

2 times in 11 years in the biggest market in one of the weakest divisions is awful.

Kenny should be out, but Ozzie is a good first step.

And I also like that Kenny will be forced to drop payroll. Maybe it will make him resign eventually.

Maybe they could work that quote into next year's ad campaign, Hey we were in 1st place after opening day. KW has gone from making the playoffs isn't good enough, you must win, to spending time in first place at some point in the season is sign he's a success. This team needs to re-boot.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Maybe they could work that quote into next year's ad campaign, Hey we were in 1st place after opening day. KW has gone from making the playoffs isn't good enough, you must win, to spending time in first place at some point in the season is sign he's a success. This team needs to re-boot.

It's not just a season because you know the current season has not been good. The measuring stick is "time in first place" over a DECADE. I love this bunch.

Edited by Marty34