How content is the team?

Texsox

This can't be a happy clubhouse. Ozzie isn't getting the love he thinks he deserves. Coop was blocked from interviewing for the Yankees. Walker is always getting blamed for something. Kenny has watched players fall off the map, yet the manager he can't fire keeps putting them in positions to fail so his manager can rub his nose in the s***. The long term vets like Kong and Mark are having good seasons, while being surrounded by loafing, can't remember how to play, steaming piles of crap.

This team was so close and rebuilding would mean a few seasons of no chance from the start seasons, but it's starting to look like it may be necessary. Certainly cleaning out the coaching staff is probably the way to start. But imagine the team being anchored by Rios and Dunn, who you can't get rid of, the rest of the roster is "these guys can play" types who may be players two years down the road. Ugh. It would mean picking up every major magazine, newspaper, and on-line source and seeing the Sox picked for fourth. Been there, done that, and it sucks.

If I were in that clubhouse, I'd just be looking forward to the season ending and spending time with my family/girlfriend/doing whatever the hell I want to do for several months.

I am sure they will watch some Postseason baseball and think about what might have been, but my guess is most of them are pretty sick of baseball at this point and just want to get this season behind them.

Weren't we picked for 4th or 3rd coming into 2005 and 2008?

The main difference is those teams had some flexibility built into the salary structures to easily make changes on the run.

With our luck, the Twins (who could lose 100 games) will get another Joe Mauer and we'll be stuck with another "safe" college player who will never become a superstar with the 12th or 13th pick.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 07:16 AM)
Weren't we picked for 4th or 3rd coming into 2005 and 2008?

The main difference is those teams had some flexibility built into the salary structures to easily make changes on the run.

With our luck, the Twins (who could lose 100 games) will get another Joe Mauer and we'll be stuck with another "safe" college player who will never become a superstar with the 12th or 13th pick.

Well, if we do, it won't be because there wasn't a player there...it will be because we have no money allocated to the draft.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
I'm sure they find a little solace in their bank accounts. But yes, rebuilding is becoming necessary and I'm glad that people are finally starting to get on board with it. And what makes you think they'll be picked for 4th instead of 5th?

Pitching, the possibility of Dunn playing his way out of a career, yeah, some will pick them for fifth, but whatever. Some here will peg them for sixth

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
You know if I was Kenny.. and couldn't fire my Manager.. I would quit... But, since ZERO teams want him.. I can see why he sticks it out, unemployment in this economy isn't a great thing.

GM openings are hard to predict. Name which teams will have openings and why Kenny would not have a chance.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
You know if I was Kenny.. and couldn't fire my Manager.. I would quit... But, since ZERO teams want him.. I can see why he sticks it out, unemployment in this economy isn't a great thing.

How do you judge that zero teams want him? General Manager openings aren't broadcast for nearly as long as managerial ones are. The only place clearly hiring for a GM is the Cubs.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)

How do you know ZERO teams want him? Is there a link?

GM openings are hard to predict. Name which teams will have openings and why Kenny would not have a chance.

Unless he has a big market club for him to spend because he can't draft or develop players.. So all small market teams are out.

That leaves..

Chicago, Cubs/White Sox

New York Mets/Yankees

Boston

LAAAAAAAAAA Angels

Cubs, had Kenny in Hendry.. they were smart and fired him

Yankess, they are not going to get rid of Cashman,

Mets, They just hired a GM, and prior tried the KW route to building a club.. and realize it doesn't work

Boston, but they like to also develop players.. so he is out there

LAAAAAAAAA, he might go here, they like to overspend on players on the decline, so I might be wrong.. there is one spot he could go..

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Unless he has a big market club for him to spend because he can't draft or develop players.. So all small market teams are out.

:lolhitting

Yeah, when he took over the team, they went from the #16 overall payroll in 2001 to the #22 overall payroll in 2003 and had a shot at the division every year. Won the world series with the #13 payroll. Clearly he needs a big market club for success.

Yeah, when he took over the team, they went from the #16 overall payroll in 2001 to the #22 overall payroll in 2003 and had a shot at the division every year. Won the world series with the #13 payroll. Clearly he needs a big market club for success.

How many players in his 11 years, have come through the system and became everyday players?

Wait, in 05, you realize that every played peaked at the right time, or do you think Kenny/Ozzie knew that prior?

Did you ever notice in 05, no matter who Ozzie called to the pen it seemed.. got the job done?

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)

Let me try too.

What color uniforms did they wear?

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
How many players in his 11 years, have come through the system and became everyday players?

Wait, in 05, you realize that every played peaked at the right time, or do you think Kenny/Ozzie knew that prior?

Did you ever notice in 05, no matter who Ozzie called to the pen it seemed.. got the job done?

Rowand

Crede

Michael Morse (29 homers in 2011)

Chris Getz (for most of the past two seasons but replaced by Giovatella)

Chris B. Young

Ryan Sweeney

Beckham

Morel

Alexei Ramirez

Tadahito Iguchi

Dayan Viciedo (2012)

Actually, you just made a solid argument for him MAXIMIZING a lousy farm system severely retarded by JR's handcuffing him on the draft and international signings...to turn them into solid contributors from other organizations via trade.

Which teams have spent the least amount of money on the draft overall or 1st round draft picks during KW's tenure? The Chicago White Sox.

Edited by caulfield12