My endorsement for the next manager...Terry Francona

macsandz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is for sure, if the Rays make the playoffs over the Red Sox (making it 3 out of 4 years), the legacy/magical mystery of Joe Maddon just passed AA.

With the bad contracts for JD Drew, Crawford, Lackey, Dice-K....Epstein deserves almost as much heat as KW (but gets some breathing room due to 2007, the second title). The only difference is he has an additional $50 million to play around with than KW. But starting Lackey and Wakefield today is a testament to their ongoing rotation issues.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
He's professional, smart, proven, and classy. I'd love to have him. To see how many people gripe about LaRussa or even Francona, it just boggles my mind. Especially when you have the crap the Sox have ran out.

I haven't watched a game in a month and don't miss baseball at all. I hate this team and hate this organization right now. They are classless in the way they act and this is the most unlikeable team I've ever been a fan of. And to hear that the organizatoin might have zero major changes, it blows my mind.

I completely agree. I've rooted for the Sox longer than most people here have been alive and this organization right now revolts me.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
He's professional, smart, proven, and classy. I'd love to have him. To see how many people gripe about LaRussa or even Francona, it just boggles my mind. Especially when you have the crap the Sox have ran out.

I haven't watched a game in a month and don't miss baseball at all. I hate this team and hate this organization right now. They are classless in the way they act and this is the most unlikeable team I've ever been a fan of. And to hear that the organizatoin might have zero major changes, it blows my mind.

This caps it off. The point of no return. The Siamese homers (2k5 and Balta) have seen the light. Now prince homer (jason) has had his epiphany. My name is J4L, and like Hitler, I will offer up my Final Solution: FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
Francona would be good if he gets canned.

He's colorful like Ozzie. Not a dull mum company man like Ned Yost n most of 'em.

f*** that. If he walks into a restaurant that i'm frequenting and I don't smile, i deem him unfit. i better f***in' smile for the future next white sox manager.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
f*** that. If he walks into a restaurant that i'm frequenting and I don't smile, i deem him unfit. i better f***in' smile for the future next white sox manager.

I just want a manager I can buy a beer for, so no matter what our record is we can still drink.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:03 AM)
I just want a manager I can buy a beer for, so no matter what our record is we can still drink.

this, my friend, is definitely a solution i deem fit. this reminds me of the time in forth grade when officer friendly came in and told not to do drugs becuz mcgruff the crime dog said it was bad for us. some dumb s*** like that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 04:57 AM)

Ugh.

I stand by my statement.

You Ozzie haters would hate it if u were in the same bar/restaurant oz walked in.

Not all Sox fans think he's the devil.

KW put this team together.

This s***ty team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
Ugh.

I stand by my statement.

You Ozzie haters would hate it if u were in the same bar/restaurant oz walked in.

Not all Sox fans think he's the devil.

KW put this team together.

This s***ty team.

If anyone from the Sox team/coaching staff walked in the same bar/restaurant I was in I would still want to talk to them if they were open to it, because it's awesome to talk about the Sox (it's why we still do it even though they break our hearts almost every season).

That said, Ozzie is an arrogant ass with discriminatory undertones, and if he ever said something to me that bothered me you bet your ass I would either just leave him, or call him out on it.

Any why bring KW into this? Why is it always "Person A is too blame!" "No person B sucks more!!" Why the f*** can't we talk about one individual who has sucked balls without you bringing up Rios, Dunn, or KW? This sport is played independently enough that it's just fine to have a conversation about one person, without having to s*** over everybody else (usually when that has already been done).

Oh my goodnezz. this reminds me of the time when my buddy quinarye jack-knifed vixtory mc88 in the buttocks and let him live aferwards. and i like greg. i really do. greg knows this. but we harnor no particular feelings when it coes to ozzie. hje know this. i hate ozzie like i hate republicans and then how i hate people are famous for being famous. i can't tand it and i will put an end to it vrry soon.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 08:00 AM)
If anyone from the Sox team/coaching staff walked in the same bar/restaurant I was in I would still want to talk to them if they were open to it, because it's awesome to talk about the Sox (it's why we still do it even though they break our hearts almost every season).

That said, Ozzie is an arrogant ass with discriminatory undertones, and if he ever said something to me that bothered me you bet your ass I would either just leave him, or call him out on it.

Any why bring KW into this? Why is it always "Person A is too blame!" "No person B sucks more!!" Why the f*** can't we talk about one individual who has sucked balls without you bringing up Rios, Dunn, or KW? This sport is played independently enough that it's just fine to have a conversation about one person, without having to s*** over everybody else (usually when that has already been done).

Well sorry, but they were mocking me again about my comment about the restaurant and Ozzie.

The sarcasm meter is bad these days on soxtalk IMO so I had to respond.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 02:24 AM)
Well sorry, but they were mocking me again about my comment about the restaurant and Ozzie.

The sarcasm meter is bad these days on soxtalk IMO so I had to respond.

You set yourself up for it so much, do you not see that?

You go on a White Sox message board and claim you'd rather have a friend as a manager than somebody who can help win. Do you not think people would have something to say about that?

If you would state it like this "I personally believe that a manager with big personality can help a team more than a dull manager. They can help rally a team more and cite example A, B, etc." Of course there will be counterpoints but it's not a completely ridiculous statement.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 02:15 AM)
Oh my goodnezz. this reminds me of the time when my buddy quinarye jack-knifed vixtory mc88 in the buttocks and let him live aferwards. and i like greg. i really do. greg knows this. but we harnor no particular feelings when it coes to ozzie. hje know this. i hate ozzie like i hate republicans and then how i hate people are famous for being famous. i can't tand it and i will put an end to it vrry soon.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
He always struck me as being in the mold of Ozzie, although better. I think he was more a recipient of incredible talent than being a great manager (Phil Jackson). I want to go in a completely new direction.

Yes but none of them had as much of an ego or is as much of an a@@ as Jackson. Jackson's success was more player talent driven than anyone. The guy divorced his wife and started dating the owner's daughter in LA just to get the GM fired to take his GM position.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:51 AM)
Yes but none of them had as much of an ego or is as much of an a@@ as Jackson. Jackson's success was more player talent driven than anyone. The guy divorced his wife and started dating the owner's daughter in LA just to get the GM fired to take his GM position.

Whether the guy is an asshole or not, he's the only one that could have made the egos he had work together. Not to mention he was always smart enough to stay out of Jordan and Kobe's way when it came to on the court play. He obviously had insane talent but he's still the best basketball coach of all time.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)
this, my friend, is definitely a solution i deem fit. this reminds me of the time in forth grade when officer friendly came in and told not to do drugs becuz mcgruff the crime dog said it was bad for us. some dumb s*** like that.

So how did that turnout for you? :lolhitting