My endorsement for the next manager...Terry Francona

macsandz

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 02:15 AM)
Oh my goodnezz. this reminds me of the time when my buddy quinarye jack-knifed vixtory mc88 in the buttocks and let him live aferwards. and i like greg. i really do. greg knows this. but we harnor no particular feelings when it coes to ozzie. hje know this. i hate ozzie like i hate republicans and then how i hate people are famous for being famous. i can't tand it and i will put an end to it vrry soon.

Fun weekend?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
Whether the guy is an asshole or not, he's the only one that could have made the egos he had work together. Not to mention he was always smart enough to stay out of Jordan and Kobe's way when it came to on the court play. He obviously had insane talent but he's still the best basketball coach of all time.

I wouldn't even say he was the best coach ever, but the best manager of men. X's and O's were never his thing (he pretty much left that to Tex and the assistants), but he knew how to get into the heads of his guys and to get everyone else to play together, even nutcases like Artest and Rodman.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
I wouldn't even say he was the best coach ever, but the best manager of men. X's and O's were never his thing (he pretty much left that to Tex and the assistants), but he knew how to get into the heads of his guys and to get everyone else to play together, even nutcases like Artest and Rodman.

It's also worth noting...having really good assistants who are really good at X's and O's reflects well on a manager too. As does letting them do their jobs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)
It's also worth noting...having really good assistants who are really good at X's and O's reflects well on a manager too. As does letting them do their jobs.

Which means all he did was sit there and watch for the most part. That isn't really coaching.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
Well, nobody has ever accused Walker or Cooper of mismanaging the Sox OR doing all the work while Ozzie was passively sitting in the dugout. Or that Cora was the real "brains" behind the bench, like many thought Joe Nossek was in the past.

Nobody has ever thought of Ozzie as the brains here either. He was supposed to be in the Phil Jackson mode of managing men instead of games. But now we see what happens when players quit responding and listening to him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:41 AM)
Nobody has ever thought of Ozzie as the brains here either. He was supposed to be in the Phil Jackson mode of managing men instead of games. But now we see what happens when players quit responding and listening to him.

Well, one thing's for certain. The Ozzie Guillen book review parody was funny for the same reasons a Jackson one wouldn't be.

I think Jackson forced them all to read at least one book each offseason that he thought would be particularly relevant in light of the prior season's results...and he held them accountable for it, as far as I have heard.

Sometimes his "Zen mysticism" and American West background gets overplayed a bit, but I would imagine the guys could play Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit or Millionaire one hundred consecutive times and Ozzie wouldn't win one in 300 games.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
Forget this idea.

Would be shocked to see the Red Sox not make it after the comeback tonight in extras.

BOS has three games against BALT with their best pitchers going, the Rays have to face the Yankees.

What a classic way to say FU to Boston by playing all the youngins against the Rays.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 02:15 AM)
Oh my goodnezz. this reminds me of the time when my buddy quinarye jack-knifed vixtory mc88 in the buttocks and let him live aferwards. and i like greg. i really do. greg knows this. but we harnor no particular feelings when it coes to ozzie. hje know this. i hate ozzie like i hate republicans and then how i hate people are famous for being famous. i can't tand it and i will put an end to it vrry soon.

Based off this post, I would smile of J4L walked into a bar.

I want him as manager.