Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
He got 44 saves this year... That's 5-10 more wins on this years team.

Surprised you weren't advocating picking up Rafael Soriano.

Oops, he kind of sucks this year. But he was another proven closer.

Too bad we don't have you on the record in the offseason saying they should have kept Jenks or paid Putz a risky multi-year contract with his injury history. If he went bad, like Peavy, you would have blamed it on KW.

Santos has ABSOLUTELY ZERO to do with our team finishing in 2nd place. A rate of 80-85% conversion isn't bad at all for a closer. 85%+ is ideal, but he's still learning and he's one of the cheapest players on the team.

But apparently you desired a $135-140 million payroll.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
He's been released of his contract but the Sox retain right for compensation should he find a managerial job elsewhere. So basically he's being traded.

Hopefully that means Sox will get what they want from Florida once season ends.............Sox just raised the price of poker and I like it. :gosox1:

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Glad it's over but sorry to see him go. Unlike most around here, I don't hate the guy. But it's time for change. Too bad Williams is staying. Jerry's a joke.

KW should also be doing his last presser with OG I agree.

Surprised you weren't advocating picking up Rafael Soriano.

Oops, he kind of sucks this year. But he was another proven closer.

Too bad we don't have you on the record in the offseason saying they should have kept Jenks or paid Putz a risky multi-year contract with his injury history. If he went bad, like Peavy, you would have blamed it on KW.

Santos has ABSOLUTELY ZERO to do with our team finishing in 2nd place. A rate of 80-85% conversion isn't bad at all for a closer. 85%+ is ideal, but he's still learning and he's one of the cheapest players on the team.

But apparently you desired a $135-140 million payroll.

Never was a Soriano Fan even in ATL. one theory debunked.

I wanted Jenks traded after 07... So there goes that theory..

I agree on Santos not being a main reason... But thinking not having a closer in April, you are fooling yourself.

And Kenny is the problem here... Now we will get to see it, as this team fails to make ,500 in 2012. And Ozzie is no longer the scapegoat.

OZZIE GUILLEN REPORTEDLY NEXT MARLINS MANAGER: Chicago Sun-Times reported tonight the Marlins and White Sox are close to a deal that would make Guillen the new manager here as the Miami Marlins open the new ballpark next spring. ESPN-Chicago later reported the deal was done and that Chicago would received two unnamed Marlins minor league players. Guillen is under contract in Chicago through 2012 so the White Sox would be owed compensation. Guillen, 47, won a World Series ring as Marlins third-base coach in 2003 before beginning an eight-year stint as CWS manager. In 2005 he became the first Latin American manager (Venezuela) to win a World Series, though the Sox have made the playoffs only once since. Guillen, who has a home in Miami, is as known for his eccentricities and outspokenness as he is for his managing. I like the presumed hiring, assuming the compensation was not a frontline player. Guillen, for all his quirks, is a proven winner and would be the biggest "name" manager the club has had since Jim Leyland. Your thoughts welcome. Vote now and say why.

Read more: http://blogs.herald.com/random_evidence/20...l#ixzz1Z7QEIcUT

88.1% so far of the Miami Herald fans "LIKE" the move of bringing in Guillen (mostly votes from Victory, Marty and Greg775), versus the other options of undecided or dislike

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)

I agree on Santos not being a main reason... But thinking not having a closer in April, you are fooling yourself.

And Kenny is the problem here... Now we will get to see it, as this team fails to make ,500 in 2012. And Ozzie is no longer the scapegoat.

NO MORE OZZIE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)

And I wanted Mariano Rivera signed by the Sox as a teenager in Panama but Netscape barely existed then so you would have a hard time finding my post on it.