Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
This is just part of the mass exodus about to take place, sox will get a cheap manager to fill in while they cut payroll and try to reload. Q, MB and AJ will all be gone. Season ticket holders are going to be cut in half and avg attendance next year will be

If that happens, Victory claims JR will get paid a sizeable subsidy anyway from the State of Illinois.

And AJ won't be easy to trade with a $6 million contract. Not like Danks or Floyd will be.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
This is just part of the mass exodus about to take place, sox will get a cheap manager to fill in while they cut payroll and try to reload. Q, MB and AJ will all be gone. Season ticket holders are going to be cut in half and avg attendance next year will be

Damn Mayans and their long count calendar.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Signing Dunn, Trading for RIos, failing to have a closer, Failing to have a MLB hitting 2b.

I was hoping you'd say these:

1) Signing Dunn was a prudent baseball move that ANY GM would have made given the opportunity. No one saw this coming - NO ONE. Not even you.

2) Getting Rios' potential for a bag of balls was a risky, but a high risk high reward move. So it hasn't panned out, but if you have the opportunity to make that move, I'd rather have the GM who takes a risk and loses than the one that sits on his thumbs and does nothing.

3) Did you forsee the explosion of all our closers? And for the record, as has been stated, if all the other parts had clicked, even with the closing issues we'd be contending.

4) Beckham not hitting is NOT KW's fault. I didn't realize he's the one coaching him in the cage. Whodathunkit?

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
Ozzie orchestrated this from the beginning and got what he wanted, enough said.

JR has got to have a lot of unhappy investors and losing a lot of money this year, Ozzie knew barking for more money would get him a release so he can go to FL where he wants to be.

Guillen was loyal to Guillen ..............his White Sox loyalty talk was such nonsense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
Well, sounds like we're going to go into rebuilding mode next year based on Kenny's no comment.

If true, I can't believe KW will still be GM. It doesn't fit his strengths nor his personality, so I don't see it as a good fit for either side.