Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
1. No one saw it.. LOL, a declining slugger in 2010, signs a mutli-year deal... Yeah that's smart

2. Then you are a fool, Rios was a horrible pickup.. This is overreaction to not having a CF since 2005.. I don't want a GM who overreacts for his mistakes, that now hold the team in hostage.

3. YES.. Fa-king YES...

4. So not getting a 2b, allowing Beckham to play.. isn't Kenny's fault.. and is a smart move?

But, you are one of those.. Kenny does no wrong got it!

1)Show me and everyone else concrete numbers that he was declining at this fast of a rate, or at all. Please, you'll have the floor on that one.

2)I agree with Rios and cannot defend that move. KW simply threw money at that position and it backfired big time.

3)No...faking No. Many people believed the Sox had three closers, 2 in training. Are you telling me Santos didn't do a good job for his rookie year? Tell me how Soriano has worked out for the Yankees. Fact is, proven closers are usually old washed up guys who have serious injury concerns or just now, plain suck.

4)Kenny got a CF to replace Rios, and Ozzie kept playing him and batting him 2-5 when the guy showed no effort. Beckham was a #8 overall pick who had a very good rookie year, and average 2nd year(though he turned it on later in that year). So you're telling me, you predicted that Beckham was going to suck even though there was not nearly enough a sample size to predict such a thing? Wow, mindreader.

Edited by nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Never said that, you bring in a vet.. if you truly going all in...

If you watched Dunn the 2nd half of last year.. you wouldn't be telling me how great he was.

Do we have the Red Sox, Phillies or Yankees payroll?

They have glaring holes in their roster make-up, too, especially their rotations (Red Sox/Yankees).

So basically you would have blocked Beckham and Morel coming into 2011? And you'd have spent another $8-10 million on a veteran closer?

Sure must be nice to spend someone else's money.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Never said that, you bring in a vet.. if you truly going all in...

If you watched Dunn the 2nd half of last year.. you wouldn't be telling me how great he was.

Who would you bring in? If Kenny Williams was so terrible as a GM, I'd like to see you suggest moves that would have been better.

And were you seriously suggesting the Sox should have signed Rafael Soriano to a three year deal worth $35 million? And you're the one b****ing about Rios and Dunn's contract? Hahahahaha.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
1)Show me and everyone else concrete numbers that he was declining at this fast of a rate, or at all. Please, you'll have the floor on that one.

2)I agree with Rios and cannot defend that move. KW simply threw money at that position and it backfired big time.

3)No...faking No. Many people believed the Sox had three closers, 2 in training. Are you telling me Santos didn't do a good job for his rookie year? Tell me how Soriano has worked out for the Yankees. Fact is, proven closers are usually old washed up guys who have serious injury concerns or just now, plain suck.

4)Kenny got a CF to replace Rios, and Ozzie kept playing him and batting him 2-5 when the guy showed no effort. Beckham was a #2 overall pick who had a very good rookie year, and average 2nd year(though he turned it on later in that year). So you're telling me, you predicted that Beckham was going to suck even though there was not nearly enough a sample size to predict such a thing? Wow, mindreader.

Can we please, please stop replying to him? Please. He is clearly, 100% without a doubt, a troll. No question about at this point.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
@SI_JonHeyman

Jon Heyman

excellent white sox pitching coach don cooper is staying with team. its a win-win nite for #chisox

6 minutes ago via web

Very good night.

Everything's gone well so far. They just have to hire the right manager. Preferably somebody that can at least use splits and doesn't bunt every guy over to second given the chance.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:29 AM)
The only person that would care is someone that doesn't know s*** about baseball and watches to be entertained by a colorful manager.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:30 AM)
Just going by what you've given us.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:31 AM)
Apparently Greg would be pissed if he was a Royals fan even if they made the playoffs because of the "plain vanilla" personality of Ned Yost.

Because your manager leading the majors in getting in news stories (the majority negative) is more important. All/any publicity is good publicity, etc. Face of the franchise, blah blah blah.

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:32 AM)
This is just part of the mass exodus about to take place, sox will get a cheap manager to fill in while they cut payroll and try to reload. Q, MB and AJ will all be gone. Season ticket holders are going to be cut in half and avg attendance next year will be

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:37 AM)
I was hoping you'd say these:

1) Signing Dunn was a prudent baseball move that ANY GM would have made given the opportunity. No one saw this coming - NO ONE. Not even you.

2) Getting Rios' potential for a bag of balls was a risky, but a high risk high reward move. So it hasn't panned out, but if you have the opportunity to make that move, I'd rather have the GM who takes a risk and loses than the one that sits on his thumbs and does nothing.

3) Did you forsee the explosion of all our closers? And for the record, as has been stated, if all the other parts had clicked, even with the closing issues we'd be contending.

4) Beckham not hitting is NOT KW's fault. I didn't realize he's the one coaching him in the cage. Whodathunkit?

1.) I resent all these personal attacks. I played baseball just like the rest of you. I know baseball whether you sabes people realize it or not. Give me a break. You are not god; I am not god; we all are mere mortals. Give me an Internet break please.

2.) Thanks Milkman. You still can't get it through your head that anybody that disagrees with you just might be correct once in a while. Or do you think your positions on everything are 100 percent correct and mine are 100 percent wrong? I have admitted many times I don't know it all; would u admit you might be wrong about something Sox related? Ever?

3.) I like Ozzie's personality. It made baseball "fun" for me. Yes I hate the Ned Yost personalities. If we win the pennant with the next guy, I'm sure I'll grow fond of him. I truly think it'll be Buddy Bell and it's hard to grow fond of Buddy Bell.

4.) I agree as of today the future looks very bleak on the South Side. That can change in a hurry. KW needs to hire somebody like Piniella and fast. If he goes the dull route, I'd go Sandberg over Bell.

5.) Wow, You guys hate my backing of Ozzie, but many of you post a post like that backing KW.

Lots of people on this board didn't love Dunn. I applauded the signing cause I trusted my fellow board members. I figured they were sooo excited and Dunn would be the man again.

Cmon. The Rios signing was a JOKE.

Our bullpen hasn't been good since Joe Morgan said it was the best in baseball history or something like that.

This all said, I wish the Sox the best. I wanna win. And I hope the Marlins win the NL every year with Ozzeroo. I hope our fans don't boo him if/when we meet in the WS or intraleague.

Ozzie truly gets the last laugh here. He I'm sure will get a nice contract in Florida, which like Chicago is a helluva nice place to be only way better weather in the winter. His stay in Chicago was WAY longer than most managers/coaches stay with their respective teams. GO SOX/MARLINS.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
Everything's gone well so far. They just have to hire the right manager. Preferably somebody that can at least use splits and doesn't bunt every guy over to second given the chance.

Earl Weaver available? I'd like a go for the 3 run HR kinda guy at this point.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
So, it's universally considered a good move by the Sox. But Victory is still right?

Considered a good move by everyone in baseball, but Victory.

One last tidbit, he uses Dunn's "crappy" 2nd half last year as proof that Dunn was declining at an alarming rate, but ignores Beckham's 2nd half in order to have more ammo to say he shouldn't have been starting. Also ignoring the fact that both Alexei and Lillibridge can't play 2B.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Boring so far. I wanna hear Kenny

And right now he's not saying much of nothing....he should be gone too....this wasn't all on Ozzie...I'm sick of both of them but I"m more tired of Reinsdorf's ownership.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Who the f*** would have been our utility guy then? Cmon, this is too easy

lol i'm just saying there were options. it coulda been a platoon - what have you. no one had a gun to ozzie's throat saying 'play gordon or else'

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
1.) I resent all these personal attacks. I played baseball just like the rest of you. I know baseball whether you sabes people realize it or not. Give me a break. You are not god; I am not god; we all are mere mortals. Give me an Internet break please.

2.) Thanks Milkman. You still can't get it through your head that anybody that disagrees with you just might be correct once in a while. Or do you think your positions on everything are 100 percent correct and mine are 100 percent wrong? I have admitted many times I don't know it all; would u admit you might be wrong about something Sox related? Ever?

3.) I like Ozzie's personality. It made baseball "fun" for me. Yes I hate the Ned Yost personalities. If we win the pennant with the next guy, I'm sure I'll grow fond of him. I truly think it'll be Buddy Bell and it's hard to grow fond of Buddy Bell.

4.) I agree as of today the future looks very bleak on the South Side. That can change in a hurry. KW needs to hire somebody like Piniella and fast. If he goes the dull route, I'd go Sandberg over Bell.

5.) Wow, You guys hate my backing of Ozzie, but many of you post a post like that backing KW.

Lots of people on this board didn't love Dunn. I applauded the signing cause I trusted my fellow board members. I figured they were sooo excited and Dunn would be the man again.

Cmon. The Rios signing was a JOKE.

Our bullpen hasn't been good since Joe Morgan said it was the best in baseball history or something like that.

This all said, I wish the Sox the best. I wanna win. And I hope the Marlins win the NL every year with Ozzeroo. I hope our fans don't boo him if/when we meet in the WS or intraleague.

I'll let you know when it happens.

I have a serious question, though. When the hell did you learn how to quote people?