Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
Hawk made a great point about how much of a distraction Ozzie making his desire to have his contract extension during a 5 game win streak for the Sox might have been.

He turned his greatest strength in taking the attention/pressure away from the team to help keep them focused into a selfish act that made matters worse.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
Strong comments from Hawk against Ozzie.

Basically said Ozzie changed the last few years and that the players didn't like it when Ozzie asked for the new contract after they won five straight games.

said the team was starting to pressure the Tigers and that wasn't the time for Ozzie to pop off.

Wasn't it Cowley that said KW is the one that changed after 05 and Ozzie has been the same guy? lawl. Ozzie can take Cowley with him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
Hawk made a great point about how much of a distraction Ozzie making his desire to have his contract extension during a 5 game win streak for the Sox might have been.

Hawk talks now but sat in the booth all year kissing OG ass all year!

Just got off work and, must say, am pretty stunned to hear the news with 2 games remaining in the season. I don't have time to read this whole thread so can I get a quick update? Is he just being released and then signing with the Marlins or are they working out a trade?

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
Just got off work and, must say, am pretty stunned to hear the news with 2 games remaining in the season. I don't have time to read this whole thread so can I get a quick update? Is he just being released and then signing with the Marlins or are they working out a trade?

The Sox will indeed be getting compensated. Just have to wait a little bit for that to be official.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:28 AM)
Ozzie expected to be named manager after Wednesday's game for Florida. A three year deal.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:30 AM)
Not-even-that-bold-of-a-prediction: Ozzie doesn't even finish that contract before getting canned.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:31 AM)
Hey, Greg was just a year off!

1.) He should hold out for 4 years. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's four year deal. Three years ain't bad, though.

2.) Give me a break. He will manage there a long, long time IMO. Great part of the country; he likes NL ball; team gets very little media attention so no need for him to be stressed.

3.) How do u know? It's not official yet. At least give me credit if it's announced 4 years like u are calling me out prematurely.