Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
How on Earth are you guys rationally coming to this conclusion?

I mean, I tried to pour water on the idea that the Braves had the wild card locked up here a page or two ago...but that statement is an enormous stretch from "The Marlins might have a shot at competing for the wild card".

It's more of a statement on how bleak the White Sox short-term future looks. For the record, I don't think Guillen makes the playoffs with Marlins much less wins a World Series with them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
1.) How KW keeps his job after signing the worst player in baseball and signing Rios and Peavy ... it is just amazing. If Oz is gone, KW should be gone. Although they are spinning it that Oz left on his own.

2.) If he said it like an ass, KW is lucky Cora didn't pop him in the mouth.

Cora couldn't pop himself in the mouth.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
Fire Cora via text message with 2 games left in the season? Rediculous, what does it matter if he coaches these last two games honestly? And if you're going to fire someone, do it in person not through a text message. Unreal.

Firing an employee is common practice when you learn that they've been negotiating or even accepted another job offer for the next year while still in your employl.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Firing an employee is common practice when you learn that they've been negotiating or even accepted another job offer for the next year while still in your employl.

Yeah granted 2 days doesn't make much of a difference whether he's fired today or after the season. Mostly bugs me that the firing is through a text message. Spending 8 years as a coach deserves more than just a text saying "Don't bother to come in for tonight's game" or whatever it said.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Yeah granted 2 days doesn't make much of a difference whether he's fired today or after the season. Mostly bugs me that the firing is through a text message. Spending 8 years as a coach deserves more than just a text saying "Don't bother to come in for tonight's game" or whatever it said.

Is this text story a fact? Where was this reported?

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)

Before this to becomes urban legend, can we have someone other than Joe Cowardly the Ozzie Guillen Mouthpiece quote what the message actually said? Or someone to actually verify or report this situation besides him?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Before this to becomes urban legend, can we have someone other than Joe Cowardly the Ozzie Guillen Mouthpiece quote what the message actually said? Or someone to actually verify or report this situation besides him?

I have no clue, I just got home from work and the first article I read was the one I just posted. I don't know if it's true or not.

Import Issue: What happen's with the #13 for the White Sox? Does it get the JaMarcus Russell toxic treatment where no one gets to wear it? Or is it given away right away as a slap in the face?

I know greg's answer, but retiring it right away was not one of the options I gave haha

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Margalus with a great write up.

There are some who believe Guillen made the Sox "relevant," but relevancy isn't 12,000 fans during a meaningless game in September. No, the version of Guillen that generated excitement left long ago, and all that remained was the shell of skipper whose team couldn't stop shooting itself in the foot to take a winnable division.

What a fantastic f***ing paragraph.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
Import Issue: What happen's with the #13 for the White Sox? Does it get the JaMarcus Russell toxic treatment where no one gets to wear it? Or is it given away right away as a slap in the face?

I know greg's answer, but retiring it right away was not one of the options I gave haha

Retire it in ~5-7 years, assuming things don't completely break down due to a public airing of grievances.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
I think you guys take what Ozzie says way too seriously.

Of course he wanted the big big bucks from Florida but it never gets to this point if the White Sox want him. Never.

KW won this battle fair and square (in my opinion by sucking up to the boss, Jerry whereas Ozzie would not do that) unfortunately for Ozzie lovers like me.

Ozzie said it

Jerry Said it

KW said it

The players said it

But you are saying they are all wrong......Its time to step back and reevaluate. Ozzie pulled a Lance Briggs and the org let him leave.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
I really thought Sox could of done better than this IMO, but then again it is KW at the helm.

Really? For a manager? Four times in major league history a manager was traded. Four times.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)

I don't think Greg understands how much you have to mean to the franchise to get your number retired. Ozzie wasn't a good player when he was here and he was marginal as the manager. I don't know how that deserves getting your number retired.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
The entire article is spot on. Too bad some people can't take their blinders off to realize the truth.

Yeah, just post that article and close the thread. Seriously, everything could not have been summed up better. I also like how I was right in May when I said Ozzie had given up on the team.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
I don't think Greg understands how much you have to mean to the franchise to get your number retired. Ozzie wasn't a good player when he was here and he was marginal as the manager. I don't know how that deserves getting your number retired.

He managed our team to a WS title. I don't care if they retire the jersey number but they should either do that or have the statue.

The guys that undervalue a WS title surprise me.

I was at a luncheon today in KC and we talked about Ozzie and I swear to God the people at my table told me, 'Ozzie isn't popular? When was your last World Series before 2005?'

I said '1917.'

They laughed.