Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
Kurtjian was on the radio and said he talked to a Sox player who said the players talked more about Ozzie/KW than the game.

If that is true, and I dont have much of a reason to doubt it, then that is horrible and should have been stopped a long time ago.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
I think I read this one correctly:

Chris Rongey

Kenny also says he offered to vacate GM position for different job with #whitesox but that idea wasn't received well by ownership

1 minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

That seems like the Williams - President, Hahn - GM scenario. I guess it wasn't in the cards afterall.

KW with his I will move upstairs and run Hahn like a puppet nonsense. KW has done nothing to move upstairs or stay with this team anymore. JR's loyalty is the deathnail of this franchise.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
I think I read this one correctly:

Chris Rongey

Kenny also says he offered to vacate GM position for different job with #whitesox but that idea wasn't received well by ownership

1 minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

That seems like the Williams - President, Hahn - GM scenario. I guess it wasn't in the cards afterall.

So the Sox wanted Kenny and not Ozzie

They do sound like they are rebuilding. If Hahn was GM, I think he definitely would make sure he was heard. I think JR wants KW to clean up the mess, doesn't want to give him a payraise for a bad job and wants him to suffer through the consequences of building this team. Kinda like a "you built it, now it's your mess. Clean it up."

I have no doubt now, that Sandy will be the manager. I wouldn't mind full rebuilding if it means getting great prospects.

They do sound like they are rebuilding. If Hahn was GM, I think he definitely would make sure he was heard. I think JR wants KW to clean up the mess, doesn't want to give him a payraise for a bad job and wants him to suffer through the consequences of building this team. Kinda like a "you built it, now it's your mess. Clean it up."

I have no doubt now, that Sandy will be the manager. I wouldn't mind full rebuilding if it means getting great prospects.

Yep, that's what I saw..

I like he dodged the question on if he is to blame for this year...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
I'll bet you it happens.

It can happen. It'll just show the ridiculously low standard the White Sox have when if comes to honoring guys. You may as well erect a statue of me after I go run out onto the field (something I plan on doing soon) when Tampa or Toronto is in town.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
It can happen. It'll just show the ridiculously low standard the White Sox have when if comes to honoring guys. You may as well erect a statue of me when I go run out onto the field (something I plan on doing soon) when Tampa or Toronto is in town.

I would love it if you had a "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!" moment. It would be way more entertaining than the s***show from this season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
If that is true, and I dont have much of a reason to doubt it, then that is horrible and should have been stopped a long time ago.

I feel like a handful of players saying it was a distraction last year during this past offseason was really swiped under the rug. Thornton, Konerko, Beckham and a few others said they were sick of it.

What will be more interesting would be if they ever did something, anything, to honor Williams.

It would be pretty unprecedented. It's not like the guy is Branch Rickey or even Theo Epstein.

Yet with how we erect statues and put pictures and names on the walls, anything is possible. As long as JR is the owner, it's 98% certain there will be some type of symbolic recognition for Ozzie unless he does something reprehensible while managing the morals...the managerial equivalent of Alomar spitting on Hirschbeck. (And yes, in the end, that didn't prevent him from making the HOF).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
What will be more interesting would be if they ever did something, anything, to honor Williams.

It would be pretty unprecedented. It's not like the guy is Branch Rickey or even Theo Epstein.

Yet with how we erect statues and put pictures and names on the walls, anything is possible. As long as JR is the owner, it's 98% certain there will be something for Ozzie unless he does something reprehensible while managing the morals...the managerial equivalent of Alomar spitting on Hirschbeck. (And yes, in the end, that didn't prevent him from making the HOF).

JR hung a Jerry Krause banner in the United Center.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)

I think it is a knock more against the players. Why should they care? Their job is to play the game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
I think you guys take what Ozzie says way too seriously.

Of course he wanted the big big bucks from Florida but it never gets to this point if the White Sox want him. Never.

KW won this battle fair and square (in my opinion by sucking up to the boss, Jerry whereas Ozzie would not do that) unfortunately for Ozzie lovers like me.

Haha, I think you've officially lost everyone's respect on this site.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
I'm starting to wonder if you're some 12 year old kid. You have zero substance to anything you post. You don't understand any baseball statistics, you fall in love with awful players, you seem to think the manager is more important to root for than the actual team, and every argument you rely on is 100% speculative conjecture.

Stealing my ideas, eh?!

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 04:58 AM)
Haha, I think you've officially lost everyone's respect on this site.

Then so does the guy from yahoo who wrote that column tonight. I agree with everything he wrote.

As far as respect. The people that hate me probably hate anybody that disagrees with them even though they won't admit that.

What was so wrong about what I said? People blast me for not having stats to back up everything and 90 percent of the time they do the same thing right back in response to me.

Ozzie Guillen is not and was not the devil.

You are the one who said he had nothing to do with the title in 05. How can anybody "respect" that statement?

Give me a break.

Your statements are as 'ridiculous' as mine.