Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 12:58 AM)
So i was sitting here noshing on something delicious, and i was hit by an idea.

Only one thing could possibly top the removal of ozzie guillen.

... and that would be if greg permanently forgot his password.

I'm not the religious type... but you better believe me, i pray of it happening on a daily basis.

Those trolls roaming around are too much to bear, they suck. Less than greg sucks... but they suck nonetheless.

Greg is stronger than ever now. Think about it, he has a god damn posse of invalids at his beck and call to jam their pea-brained ideas down our throats.

Please suspend me like i asked last time. When i am able to come back... just give me access to SLaM until noted otherwise. After all, there will always still be the filibuster, and i enjoy a good laugh as much as the next guy.

This guy never disappoints. People complained that the constant negativity drove "good" posters away, but look what the incessant crap from guys like greg is doing. It's driving legitimately good posters like qwerty away to the point that we hardly see him post anymore.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
This guy never disappoints. People complained that the constant negativity drove "good" posters away, but look what the incessant crap from guys like greg is doing. It's driving legitimately good posters like qwerty away to the point that we hardly see him post anymore.

Greg reminds me of that little f***er Gizmo from Gremlins. Somebody got him wet and it's spawned new gregs and chaos. One greg I can deal with (and let me reiterate that I like greg). But 5-10 gregs is too much.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini

But he didn't quit on the team... RT @clarkspencer: Ozzie: "something was missing" last couple of years in chicago in terms of his passion

Yes and it began with you wanting to leave the last 2 years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
Greg reminds me of that little f***er Gizmo from Gremlins. Somebody got him wet and it's spawned new gregs and chaos. One greg I can deal with (and let me reiterate that I like greg). But 5-10 gregs is too much.

You guys that follow individual posters and their positions slay me.

I can't even tell you the positions of certain people on things my memory is not that good.

I recognize fathom cause he is the king of the game threads and I pm'ed Jordan a few times so I recognize him. And caufield because he has that wild job overseas.

And Milkman because he hates me because I disagree with his positions on everything.

I have noticed a few people back Ozzie, not many. I can't tell u any of their names.

Why don't you just read each thread for what it's worth. What about my position on Ozzie upsets you so much? I applauded those on the board who hate KW as well.

It's easy to put the poster on ignore as well.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
You guys that follow individual posters and their positions slay me.

I can't even tell you the positions of certain people on things my memory is not that good.

I recognize fathom cause he is the king of the game threads and I pm'ed Jordan a few times so I recognize him. And caufield because he has that wild job overseas.

And Milkman because he hates me because I disagree with his positions on everything.

I have noticed a few people back Ozzie, not many. I can't tell u any of their names.

Why don't you just read each thread for what it's worth. What about my position on Ozzie upsets you so much? I applauded those on the board who hate KW as well.

It's easy to put the poster on ignore as well.

I've backed Ozzie for years, but its hard to believe you still love the guy after he just quit on the team and left for more money.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)
I've backed Ozzie for years, but its hard to believe you still love the guy after he just quit on the team and left for more money.

I guess now that the shock has worn off (More the reality has set in than shock) and it's becoming old news, I'll stop repeating my positions on Ozzie now as I did on Bobby and Dye and Wise eventually.

I'm not even tempted to repeat my reasons for loving Ozzie after reading the last two posts, so I guess I'm about done on commenting on Ozzie.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
His article in the ST today was a disgrace, its a good thing Morrissey is on the other page and can actually write.

As someone who has taken a whopping 2 months of college as a Journalism major, I can confidently say I'd be a better Journalist compared to Cowley.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
I guess now that the shock has worn off (More the reality has set in than shock) and it's becoming old news, I'll stop repeating my positions on Ozzie now as I did on Bobby and Dye and Wise eventually.

I'm not even tempted to repeat my reasons for loving Ozzie after reading the last two posts, so I guess I'm about done on commenting on Ozzie.

as recently as August...hell the Detroit series in early September I still thought guillen was the best option....the b****ing about the contract prior to that series and then the manner in which he felt in my opinion that he was bigger than the team and the franchise is the reason I am glad he is gone

He could have waited until tomorrow and sit down with JR and even KW decide if this thing was doable. To begin this process in September makes him look like an arrogant prick...then to resign with two days left makes him look even more childish and spoiled which I now believe was the bigger issue with the entire organization the last 3 years

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
as recently as August...hell the Detroit series in early September I still thought guillen was the best option....the b****ing about the contract prior to that series and then the manner in which he felt in my opinion that he was bigger than the team and the franchise is the reason I am glad he is gone

He could have waited until tomorrow and sit down with JR and even KW decide if this thing was doable. To begin this process in September makes him look like an arrogant prick...then to resign with two days left makes him look even more childish and spoiled which I now believe was the bigger issue with the entire organization the last 3 years

Put Ozzie in front of reporters twice a day (the pregame dugout sessions ... wow; and postgame) and you get Ozzie. He can't help himself.

I realize he also gives Cowley stuff 1-1 that's calculated ... but because of his mouth, there was no way this was going to end well, unless the Sox quietly extended him 3-4 years back in June and no way that was gonna happen.

I'm assuming the marlins' media will be 1/3 the size of the Chicago media and the opportunities for him to get in trouble with his mouth there will be much less.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
@clarkspencer - Ozzie guillen: "something was missing" last couple of years in chicago in terms of his passion

and quite evident with the passion the team had as well. I think that's been the biggest b**** by people the last few years...I know it was for me. Boring and listless ball club. How can anyone defend this guy and that it wasn't time for him to GTFO.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
@clarkspencer - Ozzie guillen: "something was missing" last couple of years in chicago in terms of his passion

Yeah, the passion for baseball was supplanted by the passion for websites, tweets, and FOX jobs in the postseason. Hell, it was better for his recognition if the Sox didn't make it so he could then be a commentator.

All this crap makes me even more enraged that it took so long to get rid of him.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)

POOR QWERTY! OH NO!

Are you f***ing kidding me? He can't ignore greg? Really? This is a complete joke. It's a message board, you have to expect your fair share of trolls, homers, geniuses, smartasses, idiots, fake accounts, etc.

If poor QWERTY can't handle or ignore greg's posts, then he certainly can be gone. Lord knows his attacks on greg have far-exceeded posts that got me hefty suspensions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini

Also nice that Cowley and Ozzie talked beforehand and both decided to wear pink. Nice touch, bros.

How embarrasing for Cowley. I mean, he's even got the other writers making fun of him for his complete lack of professionalism. It takes a lot for that to happen among journalists.

I'm amazed the Sun Times keeps him around, and with Ozzie gone, I somehow suspect he's gone from that job soon.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
How embarrasing for Cowley. I mean, he's even got the other writers making fun of him for his complete lack of professionalism. It takes a lot for that to happen among journalists.

I'm amazed the Sun Times keeps him around, and with Ozzie gone, I somehow suspect he's gone from that job soon.

He's not well respected by his peers, been that way for years.

That was the second such incident for Cowley; after omitting Blue Jays players Carlos Delgado and Vernon Wells, two top-ten overall finishers, from his 2003 AL MVP ballot, the Chicago chapter suspended him from voting the subsequent year. They accused Cowley of not voting seriously, saying he "embarrassed" the Chicago chapter of the BBWAA.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)

Oh yeah, his only value was the fact that he had the scoop on all things Ozzie.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Steve9347 Steve H.

I would like the world to know that this article suntimes.com/sports/7914554… by @cst_Cowley is a pile of garbage.

cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

@

@Steve9347 Does 54 followers constitute the world? Then mission accomplished Ralph Malph. Grats.

ROFL - I hope he realizes his reading from me how much that article sucked = mission accomplished. Also, now all of his followers are privy to that post!