Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
What the... Greg, seriously, look at what you are doing here.

Just yesterday you were talking about how Ozzie SAID, his words live, that he was leaving for money... and your response was, Ozzie being Ozzie, you don't believe him, just talking to talk, etc. Then you look at an article on his website that obviously wasn't written by him personally, and suddenly you believe every word of that??!?!?!?! Even if he did write every word, how is that believable but his other words are not? I mean, unless he isn't an honest person.

If you can't see how hilarious your inconsistency is here, then you have no grip on reality, and no one is going to want to have a discussion with you on this topic.

I think everyone save 3 people have already come to this

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 02:19 AM)
I hate that Phelps guy, though.

Surprised this Cowley story isn't getting commented upon.

Yes, KW was the reason Ozzie left.

I agree with Cowley's sentiments, especially the last line.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...asnt-there.html

‘Loyalty wasn’t there’... no no, "$$$$ wasnt there"

I've said it for a while, the Guillen family has a HUGE sense of entitlement.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
‘Loyalty wasn’t there’... no no, "$$$$ wasnt there"

I've said it for a while, the Guillen family has a HUGE sense of entitlement.

Loyalty like getting a contract extension during a losing season in 2007, or getting an option exercised after a failed 2010 season?

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 05:30 AM)
Ozzie was working in a situation that happens to a lot of employees, you don't get along with your boss. And as been noted in other threads, they may never have gotten along. On top of that your boss continues to send employees into your department that are not always what you ask for, or what you need. Most of your employees seem to like you, but your boss is their boss too, and that conflicts loyalties on their part. Meanwhile there is another company that has tried to hire you several times. Your boss doesn't seem to want you, this other company wants you a lot, and you sit there. Frustrated. You hate the company you work for, but love most of the people you are working with. You even love the owner, even though he isn't coming to your rescue.

Then it appears there is an end in sight. However it will happen after the company that really wants you already has someone. Your boss is going to get his final revenge, you will be unemployed with no obvious job opportunity available. You do like having an income, the awards and s*** you earned while working for the company are nice, and you'd like to earn a few more, but money in the bank pays for food, raiment, and shelter. So what's your only way out?

-----------

I always predicted Oz would be fired for some Al Campanis type comment. I easily see his career going in one of two directions. A Tony La Russa type, a long time in Florida, or a spectacular explosion of his mouth. Either way, thank you Oz. You left a season or two too late.

Can we STOP acting like Ozzie would have died poor if he left the Sox and had to go be an analyst for Fox or something? The guy has probably over $40M in career earnings. Give me a f***ing break.

Your analogy makes sense for normal jobs, but when Ozzie is already set for life, no, it doesn't work.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
I take the "the" out of "psychotherapist".

LOL.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
Greg, I like you, I really do.

But this is the dumbest sentence I've ever seen on SoxTalk.

The mouth is part of the man.

And I say the fans at the stadium, when he was a player. As a player, there was a reason kids loved him, autographs and he would give plenty.

I doubt he did that as manager.

I thought it was an epic line: Don't hate the man; hate the mouth.

A possible Soxtalk classic line!

But I see where u are coming from even though it rolls off the tongue nicely.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
Can we STOP acting like Ozzie would have died poor if he left the Sox and had to go be an analyst for Fox or something? The guy has probably over $40M in career earnings. Give me a f***ing break.

Your analogy makes sense for normal jobs, but when Ozzie is already set for life, no, it doesn't work.

LOL.

I don't believe I sugested Oz was going to die poor, but do you really think Ozzie has enough to watch $8,000,000.00 slip away? You can always live a little better. An even bigger boat, an even bigger house, bigger diamonds for the wife and girlfriend, even longer and more lavish vacations. I just watched a special about a ship that rents for $500,000 per week. Think a guy with a couple million in the bank will lease it for a month and cruise the Med Sea? How about a guy with $10 mil in the bank? If no one desired a house more expensive than a milliom bucks, then no one would build $5 mil homes.

Think about this, didn't Jordan make enough playing basketball? Why did he endorse products? I've read very few people that say they have enough money and don't want any more.

Yes, he's set for life. But do you think he doesn't want to improve on how "set" he is?

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
I don't believe I sugested Oz was going to die poor, but do you really think Ozzie has enough to watch $8,000,000.00 slip away? You can always live a little better. An even bigger boat, an even bigger house, bigger diamonds for the wife and girlfriend, even longer and more lavish vacations. I just watched a special about a ship that rents for $500,000 per week. Think a guy with a couple million in the bank will lease it for a month and cruise the Med Sea? How about a guy with $10 mil in the bank? If no one desired a house more expensive than a milliom bucks, then no one would build $5 mil homes.

Think about this, didn't Jordan make enough playing basketball? Why did he endorse products? I've read very few people that say they have enough money and don't want any more.

Yes, he's set for life. But do you think he doesn't want to improve on how "set" he is?

The answer to this is to go back to Reagan-era upper level tax rates.

(/rimshot).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
Loyalty like getting a contract extension during a losing season in 2007, or getting an option exercised after a failed 2010 season?

Funny how Ozzie had to have that option exercised, it gets exercised and he doesn't honor it, and HE pops off about loyalty. Maybe he should re think that. If JR doesn't let him out of his contract, its very debatable whether he ever gets offered what he signed for ever again.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
Funny how Ozzie had to have that option exercised, it gets exercised and he doesn't honor it, and HE pops off about loyalty. Maybe he should re think that. If JR doesn't let him out of his contract, its very debatable whether he ever gets offered what he signed for ever again.

Where was Ozzie not going to honor the contract? Did we really want him to?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)

Incredibly good point. It somehow makes him look even worse.