White Sox Manager Search Thread

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Did the team actually name him anything officially? It's been reported that he was simply told not to show up today.

Exactly. KW said nothing of the sort last night and Cora's name wasn't even mentioned in the official press release or Merkin's story that was published around 12:30 last night. Seems like local reporters were just throwing Cora's name out there on Twitter since he was the bench coach, the White Sox never publicly named Cora anything. It only makes sense that Coop would be the man from the start, he's a KW guy and they're trying to make him as happy as possible to keep his ass around into the next regime, Cora was always going to follow Ozzie, why would KW hand the reins over to him for the final 2 games?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Per Cowley;

Joe is still telling Ozzie's story to the bitter end, and that doesn't say anything official. It is very possible the Sox didn't know that Cora had violated tampering rules and negotiated his own deal with Florida and the Sox found out about it. I know Joe wouldn't report that.

@ChuckGarfien

Chuck Garfien

Clearing up published report, Joey Cora thought he was interim manager because Ozzie told him so. Ozzie just assumed.

22 seconds ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry

There, now people jumping to ridiculous conclusions can just drop it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
It's obvious it's Alomar. Steve Stone says so on the score website.

I would agree.

So the question is, will Sandy be good?

My answer: Yes. If the players perform. It's a players game.

LOL

Alomar may very well be the next manager of the Sox, but you will believe anything if a manager/player/ex player says it, wont you?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
It's really starting to look that way

@ChrisRongey

Chris Rongey

There will not be a new manager by the end of the week, according to Kenny Williams #whitesox #mlb

2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Martinez could leave the club early even if they make the playoffs but still this makes it seem like Sandy is the guy. I have no real problem with it, I'd prefer Martinez but Sandy seems like a solid choice. At least we'll know sooner rather than later.

Are you reading the "Not" in Rongey's tweet? If it was Alomar, that'd be done quick, other candidates would be reasons to wait.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
It's obvious it's Alomar. Steve Stone says so on the score website.

I would agree.

So the question is, will Sandy be good?

My answer: Yes. If the players perform. It's a players game.

Then why the f*** do you care so damn much about ozzie? Jesus

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
Then why the f*** do you care so damn much about ozzie? Jesus

I just listened to 17 minute Oz interview on whitesox.com and he was gracious.The more I think about this I am just sick over the fact KW won this war.

s***.

I better log off a while before I explode.

Kenny Williams beat Ozzie Guillen. My god that is like Victor Ortiz beating Mayweather.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
I just listened to 17 minute Oz interview on whitesox.com and he was gracious.The more I think about this I am just sick over the fact KW won this war.

s***.

Kenny Williams beat Ozzie Guillen. My god that is like Victor Ortiz beating Mayweather.

No no, please explode. I would like to read your thoughts and musings, and subscribe to your newsletter

s***.

Ozzie left for more money, deal with it please.

s***.

Become a Marlins fan if you love Ozzie so much. Otherwise, deal with reality. It's not going away.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
More good, definitive news:

Chris Rongey

Kenny says that Buddy Bell is not in the mix for the manager position. The case for Alomar is looking stronger #whitesox

5 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Alomar has everything the Sox are probably looking for. They loved him as a future manager when he was on the team 3 or 4 times, so familiarity, he's well respected around the game and it would be his first managerial gig, so the price is right, plus not that it matters, I still think he has a place here.

Edited by Dick Allen