Your mood going into the offseason

Kyyle23

Soxtalk's finest, Please vote  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one best describes your mood

• Excited: It Finally Happened! This is awesome!
    • Saddened: I will miss the Ozzeroo, he was fun while he was here. But it was necessary
    • Anxious: Not really sure of the direction of the franchise from here
    • Pissed off: The wrong guy got the axe, Oz is not to blame here

Put me down for anxious, mixed with the sadness option.

Going forward, Dunn, Rios, and Peavy all need to produce (or traded) for this club to have a hope of competing. Management likely needs to adjust its decision making processes so huge mistakes like those aren't made going forwards.

I hope for the best for the new manager, but fear Williams will saddle whoever it is with an untenable roster.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Saddened, but honestly I'm excited and anxious too. For that matter, I'm pissed off for what a crappy year this was. I don''t think there's any doubt whatsoever that this needed to happen, but I will honestly miss Ozzie a bit. To me it's sad that Ozzie, Walker, Cora and Baines could all be gone. They're all White Sox guys through and through. I do think however that they all should be gone.

If the whole coaching staff is sacked like many think will happen I really hope it won't include Marc Salas.

It's hard for me to feel optimistic when Rios and Dunn are on the team, no matter who else remains.

The only upside for me is hey, at least Walker's gone FINALLY--and that may bode well for Beckham.

Too many question marks right now and let's face it: KW is still here.

The sad thing is we can still compete next year. Detroit is the favorite, and they get rid of Ordonez and Guillen so they may only get better. No one else scares me at all though. We're basically in the same situation we have been the last half decade, with a new manager.

I'm pessimistic about being optimistic.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

I'm virgin on prom night excited. This was at least a couple years in the making. Ozzie's mistake (one of many) is that he thought he was bigger than the organization because he managed the club to a title. Sorry, Ozzie. You don't go on for infinity because of past White Sox futility. You're not Pholus all of a sudden. You don't get to create mayhem AND underachieve because of something you did six years ago. Even Kenny (who I want gone) never rested on his '05 laurels. That's partly why we're in the situation we're in. He's so obsessed with duplicating '05 (see 2K5's sig) that he's recklessly punted the future year after year. This is just the first step. A GIANT first step, indeed.

Edited by Jordan4life

Was anybody else completely turned off/disgusted by Ozzie's comments (in the Trib) about how all he cared about at this stage was money and more money? Literally saying f*** the ring, he wants to get paid?

Wow, Marlins management must be excited to hear that, paying him $4 million a year.

Not: I want to win, or I want to EARN my big money, just... yup... wait for it.... SHOW ME THE MONEY.

For those comments alone he should be gone and, as one columnist pointed out: Ozzie didn't get fired, he quit.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
Was anybody else completely turned off/disgusted by Ozzie's comments (in the Trib) about how all he cared about at this stage was money and more money? Literally saying f*** the ring, he wants to get paid?

Wow, Marlins management must be excited to hear that, paying him $4 million a year.

Not: I want to win, or I want to EARN my big money, just... yup... wait for it.... SHOW ME THE MONEY.

For those comments alone he should be gone and, as one columnist pointed out: Ozzie didn't get fired, he quit.

He quit months ago.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
I'm virgin on prom night excited. This was at least a couple years in the making. Ozzie's mistake (one of many) is that he thought he was bigger than the organization because he managed the club to a title. Sorry, Ozzie. You don't go on for infinity because of past White Sox futility. You're not Pholus all of a sudden. You don't get to create mayhem AND underachieve because of something you did six years ago. Even Kenny (who I want gone) never rested on his '05 laurels. That's partly why we're in the situation we're in. He's so obsessed with duplicating '05 (see 2K5's sig) that he's recklessly punted the future year after year. This is just the first step. A GIANT first step, indeed.

?

I'm excited. I think OG's act wore thin on the clubhouse and the front office. I think he brought a toxic atmosphere with him these last couple of years. I think this team severely underperformed this year just as much due to Ozzie as the players. This has needed to happen for a couple of years. Next year we'll get to see what has always seemed to be a decent roster playing in a less toxic environment. I expect good things.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
Why do I think that now it's all over in the coming weeks we're going to hear more and more about how that clubhouse really was and what players really thought of him?

Hearing Hawk ALMOST criticize Ozzie last night was all I needed to hear to know that people in the clubhouse wanted him out. I hope everyone stays quiet from this point on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Hearing Hawk ALMOST criticize Ozzie last night was all I needed to hear to know that people in the clubhouse wanted him out. I hope everyone stays quiet from this point on.

How long do you think it will take before Ozzie/Oney start the public feud?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
How long do you think it will take before Ozzie/Oney start the public feud?

After next manager is hired? Thing is, unlike in the past, there are actually members of the Sox that can verbally retaliate against the Guillens if they want without fearing for their job, etc. That's why I hope everyone just stays quiet and Ozzie can return for 2005 reunions in the future without any controversy, etc.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
What Paul Konerko had to say, said it all.

PK said stuff after he re-signed last offseason though that showed he was peeved about the drama. You never heard Hawk mention one thing bad about Ozzie during his 7 years until last night.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
I caught that too. What did Hawk say?

That Ozzie had changed over recent years, the clubhouse didn't respond to the way he became, and that he thought the timing of his contract extension request a few months ago derailed any momentum the team had.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Oney has claimed he will NOW be deleting his twitter account.. So it'll be up to Ozzie or Cowley.

If true, good for Oney. I keep saying this, but everyone has handled this very professionally so far. It does no one any good to try and get the last word.