Why did KW have to be a jerk to Cora?

caulfield12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
They never f***ing did. Did you notice the source? Garfein already corrected Cowley's false report. Ozzie's the one who told Cora he'd be the interim manager, he was assuming and he assumed wrong.

Kenny talked about it.

He texted Cora, saying it was up to him if he wanted to come back the next few games, but Coop was the interim.

Cora expressed confusion, so Kenny called him.

He said that Cora said it would be awkward to go since he was going to follow Ozzie to Florida, so it was decided he just wouldn't come.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Cowley.

if the report from the other thread is right then ozzie told cora he'd be interim, not kw. if that was the case, it's not at all surprising why kw put the kibosh on.

and really, it is inconsequential at this point. they can pull a guy from the stands to do the job for all i care. the best thing about these two games will be when they, and this whole disgrace of a season are over.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Kenny talked about it.

He texted Cora, saying it was up to him if he wanted to come back the next few games, but Coop was the interim.

Cora expressed confusion, so Kenny called him.

He said that Cora said it would be awkward to go since he was going to follow Ozzie to Florida, so it was decided he just wouldn't come.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Cowley.

Someone needs to bookmark this post for the next 10,000 times this comes up.

Okay...now it's starting to make sense, it's what happens when you're 12 hours or ahead (or behind) of a constantly shifting news story.

The way it originally came off was that the organization named him interim then texted his firing (not a face-to-face meeting or over the phone). On the surface, it was made to seem very unprofessional and petty.

So I guess Cowley really did get himself into the story, which is what he loves.

Another thing that I found interesting....in some of the stories, it was noted how in recent years the SABR-oriented people (who that is in the front office beyond Hahn and maybe Gellinger I don't know) stopped hanging around on the field/dugout area during pre-game and batting practice. That there was pretty much a clear and complete rift between the KW/front office side and Ozzie's core group of Cora, Walker and Cox to a lesser extent.

Edited by caulfield12

I sent a few texts back and forth with lawrence holmes or his producer about this today. He thought it was still unprofessional how kenny handled it because he sent a text about it, then called him, which left cora confused. Personally, it didn't bother me much. The confusion likely came about because guillen reportedly told cora he would manage, not because the message was delivered via text.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
Did I just read this guy compare Ozzie leaving to Jordan's departure? :wacko:

But he deserves a statue! Oh my goodness. I'm so glad this trifling ass loser is gone. I'm not even going to give him credit for '05. Greg could've managed that team to a World Series. f***in' elrockin' even wins the division with that pitching staff.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
Okay...now it's starting to make sense, it's what happens when you're 12 hours or ahead (or behind) of a constantly shifting news story.

The way it originally came off was that the organization named him interim then texted his firing (not a face-to-face meeting or over the phone). On the surface, it was made to seem very unprofessional and petty.

So I guess Cowley really did get himself into the story, which is what he loves.

Another thing that I found interesting....in some of the stories, it was noted how in recent years the SABR-oriented people (who that is in the front office beyond Hahn and maybe Gellinger I don't know) stopped hanging around on the field/dugout area during pre-game and batting practice. That there was pretty much a clear and complete rift between the KW/front office side and Ozzie's core group of Cora, Walker and Cox to a lesser extent.

Lesson #1: never trust a guy who learned under Jay Mariotti.

But he deserves a statue! Oh my goodness. I'm so glad this trifling ass loser is gone. I'm not even going to give him credit for '05. Greg could've managed that team to a World Series. f***in' elrockin' even wins the division with that pitching staff.

Depending on the manager.. willing to bet.. White Sox don't make the playoffs, till KW is gone. Ozzie, made this Organization matter again... KW didn't. Sorry to lay cold hard facts on ya.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Depending on the manager.. willing to bet.. White Sox don't make the playoffs, till KW is gone. Ozzie, made this Organization matter again... KW didn't. Sorry to lay cold hard facts on ya.

This organization was relevant again long before Ozzie got here. Guys like Frank Thomas and Robin Ventura took care of that.

Winning will bring the kind of relevency that actually matters. The relevency Ozzie brought was that the White Sox were a reality tv show gone bad. Not once, in the many, many articles written about Ozzie and the Organization was it referred to as a class or model organization.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
What don't you get... Kenny was in from 01-03... Who knew the White Sox, what they do??????

04-11, The White Sox were on the map..

His very presence put them on the map, lol?

We'll test that theory soon enough when he has to compete in the NL East with another flawed roster.

The main thing he has going for him is the excitement of a new beginning and a new stadium...but it only took a year for that effect to wear off in Minnesota or Washington (although the Twins' attendance is still excellent, the excitement is long gone).

Another thing that happened is there was a vacuum that Ozzie stepped into with Ordonez, Lee and Valentin all leaving and Frank Thomas no longer the dominant force (due to injuries and time) that he once was...it was the right time and right place for Ozzie to become the manager, there's no doubt about that.

But the last 3 years, the ONLY map we were on was the one of increasingly negative perception and publicity.

KW has his share of the blame, but he hasn't intentionally created it to the extent Ozzie has...sure, we can talk forever about Dunn and Rios backfiring, and if the team doesn't pull out it during this next phase of Sox baseball, it won't be another manager, it will be KW leaving finally.

His very presence put them on the map, lol?

We'll test that theory soon enough when he has to compete in the NL East with another flawed roster.

The main thing he has going for him is the excitement of a new beginning and a new stadium...but it only took a year for that effect to wear off in Minnesota or Washington (although the Twins' attendance is still excellent, the excitement is long gone).

Another thing that happened is there was a vacuum that Ozzie stepped into with Ordonez, Lee and Valentin all leaving and Frank Thomas no longer the dominant force (due to injuries and time) that he once was...it was the right time and right place for Ozzie to become the manager, there's no doubt about that.

But the last 3 years, the ONLY map we were on was the one of increasingly negative perception and publicity.

KW has his share of the blame, but he hasn't intentionally created it to the extent Ozzie has...sure, we can talk forever about Dunn and Rios backfiring, and if the team doesn't pull out it during this next phase of Sox baseball, it won't be another manager, it will be KW leaving finally.

No him winning put them on the Map..

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
No him winning put them on the Map..

I think I'm going to have to side with the GM who put the roster together having more to do with 2005 than the manager.

Just like 2009-2011 is more KW's doing than Ozzie's.

When you bring in roughly 10 new players and manage to accomplish what they did with a $65 million dollar payroll, that in and of itself was more impressive than any leadership that Ozzie showed in holding the team together in the face of blowing a 15 game lead.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm still mystified how this organizational mess is 100 percent Kenny's fault but he gets 0 percent of the credit for the World Series in 05.

Even the mods know this guy is a joke. But they have to be PC and let him speak his mind. Just call him names or something and you'll feel better. lol.

And I just realized Rowand is a mod. Which means the criteria must be pretty low to be a mod/admin.

Edited by Jordan4life